Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Marin
Level 4

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
Is been a couple year that I haven’t get anything from thumbtack. And crappy customer said (What next) I got charge from thumbtack. That’s not cool. We need customer info to follow up

I can not price them without see the job.
GerryR
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Sorry for the changes. I was paying 16 dollars a quote and closing 1 out of 3 responses. I now pay 50 to 70 dollars each for the same quotes. It's an insult as a pro to tell me this is in my best interest. It is ovious thumbtacks business plan, like porch and homeadvisor, is now profit driven and no longer has an interest in keeping existing contractors but now designed for new contractor turnover for profit. Too bad.GD

Dazzle
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been reading replies for a while and staying quiet as all other pros have been expressing how I feel about Thumbtack currently with this rediculous change. Thumbtack this is horrible, you really are not listening to your pros or myself and the video really shows this to us. Fun Fact: we don't care about your background and where you lived and grew up but want actual change for us who want answers and fair lead to pro outcomes. Even in a rescent email support and myself have been sending back and forth you are catering to clients and making it easier and afordable for them and not the pro. I get it, I would want finding the right pro for the job easy also, but the charges and the way you are charging us is really rediculous.

I  have noticed since couple days ago a BIG increase in leads all of a sudden for face painting jobs but in wanting to put out quotes I am getting charged anything of $15-$30 or more per job. I have also noticed prices are never the same, a job 1-10 ppl have a pricing of $9-$30 and this for a single face appointment which I have been declining because I do not want to pay out my profits, jobs that are 11-20 are costing anything of $15 and up. Even though you clain prices are accounted by the amount of pros available (which is crap) and if the "lead" is a sure hire (no way for you to even figure that out unless they actually hire) is just you trying to gouge pros trying to make a profit and make a living. I even replied to Support that "leads" being given conversation starters should be taken away as they click "are you available on my date?" Obviously if I am quoting you for your event but I answer professionally and POOF client gone and never heard from again. Some leads are creating multiple requests for the same job and in turn charging us twice when they respond. 

Really non of us pros are against paying for the quote, the old system you had was better for me to track my budget and how much I was spending for my line of work. This new system, even though I have a budget is charging me right away when I get a "hello" response and I have noticed my budget is now void. I am in agreement that potential clients should bare some of this charge since a good 90% of mine are non existant after 1 response or just looking for info and this TT calls an interested potential lead, that's a laugh. Currently I am dissapointed that TT does not try to implement some of the suggestions we are asking you to try out and see if this works better for the pros and the clients alike. Charging for the quote that lands the job would be a better solution since they would 

Lrobe52993
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It's clear that thumbtack is not listening at all. This is really not hard to solve, unless the decisions are driven by greed, which appears to be the case here. I have a idea for a new service serving former Thumbtack pros and former thumbtack customers. All prospective customers will have to sumbit complete contact information. Pros will be charged 1.5 percent of the amount of their bid. Pros will be encouraged to communicate with perspective customers without being charged in order to provide accurate bids. Bid charges will be displayed in real time. Thoughts?
Earlando
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have made complains twice to customer care of problems that I experienced with pricing and reviews. And in both cases nothing was done to resolve it. I’ve come to the decision that it’s all about the money. The more the better. Us Pros are on our own.
FrankM
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to get leads at a fair price, now I am getting all junk leads, not for services I signed up for, most are out of the area I service, even out of state, majority of the jobs are completely unrelated to my business. At times, a whole lot of the leads seem to be just made up - I am getting them repetitiously, many months after I have rejected them = that is even the exact same costumers and addresses !  So I no longer respond to them, do not even bother rejecting them.  And the pricing is outrages, now the price is even higher than the Homeadvisor ! = and I think that says it all. So no, you DID NOT make it better, you made it unusable.

BTW - I used to refer your service to many of my colleags, now I would not recommend you if you paid me. I will discourage every one of the thousands of them who are members of the same associations.

Highlighted
kicksfroyo
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I wasn't able to participate, but would really appreciate clarity about your prices. I never know whether my contact is going to cost $20 or up to $65. Your team told me once that since it was unlikely that I would be hired, I was charged a higher price. WHAT??? How does that make sense, and how do you know how likely I am to get hired??? In that case we were actually hired and when I complained, I was issued a partial refund. I was also told that no refunds like this would be granted in the future. Very frustrating and I hope you find a way to be transparent about what you charge and how it is calculated. Right now, your pricing is completely arbitrary and unfair.

0 Kudos
DrewEisinger
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Coming from a new professional in the industry I understand the cost for business leads, but this is a motive I was not ready for. I am seeing all these loyal professionals looking to take their business elsewhere. Another business looking to maximize revenue growth. I was originally excited to use Thumbtack, but will also be searching for another lead service provider. It seems like this is how all businesses are operating today. Too bad. 

JohnC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

your video response makes no difference...NOBODY IN A BAND IS GOING TO PAY $30 and up for a potential gig, we don't need you that bad!  We can find our own customers a lot easier.  Are you listening?

Solved! Jump to solution
What a scam. Potential leads should have to give the name and phone number. If I am going to be charged for fake leads.
0 Kudos