Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Michelle
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
That sums it up! I lost money the new way. Now I am searching other ways than Thumbtack. If 1 person responds to 5 caterers Thumbtack now receives at least 300 now. Before they would have gotten 40.00 if they viewed all 5. Its a complete RIP off
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Very well said.

Thumbtack was awesome at first, and literally every single change they made was another brick in that nasty wall.

Some stuff might look good on paper, or might sound fantastic in a brain storming session, however nothing like the reality pros experience.

How many negative comments will it take for Thumtback to understand it's making a bad decision after a bad decision?

Please go back to the 2015 version and stop at what was an awesome service. No need to improve an already great service.

thank you

Bosco
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

From $12.00 for no answer to $50.00 to a maybe response and not getting the job is very costly. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with you and priceing worse.  You charge because some one looked at your quote.  

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Just look at the lighting quality of their video.

Says a lot about their level of professionalism.

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
I won’t be watching the video and will also pick and choose more carefully. I may loose my pro status but ow well. I sent 3 quotes this week with no replies and i was charged for all 3. Such a scam.

Solved! Jump to solution

I hear bad stories and never jumped on this because it appears like just another entrapment to monetize on artist who are looking to make a living....there seems to be no transparnecy here**

0 Kudos
Mas0n
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
That was my exact argument..
It worked before, now they want to hide the pricing and rape everyone.
I was probably spending 20-50 a week before, now I barely even reply.
The customer is getting screwed by getting less bids to make informed decisions.
The contractors are getting screwed by paying more money, and taking on fewer leads .
0 Kudos
me
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

More expensive than Porch.com now.  For what I do, Porch has better quality leads for less money.  I will stay here on Thumbtack but for small piddly jobs that are cheaper to bid on (for now).  Let's see what the do with their pricing when the market crashes in early 2020.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Yeah, they don't seem to care about us small business owners anymore. I feel super taken advantage of.