Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Jamiesee4
Community Newcomer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
This is insane. I dont care what your logic is, but most of tge questions I receive are simple one liners and some tire kickers. They are NOT looking to hire, they are price shopping. Most often question is if we are available and how much. I am not paying a tank of gas to answer this. Our schedule is always changing and that is not a realistic filter. You used to be able to get my business...stop reinventing the wheel. Many in our industry forum of over 10k also agree they will no longer use your services because of this.
jz1
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
It seems to me that all the responses from TT were written by lawyers. Most business people I know make decisions to purchase based on cost. To put it in simple terms, imagine going to the grocery store. You fill your cart, check out and pay. As you walk out the door you are told how much you spent. Nobody would shop at that store. TT needs to return to the previous system.
MusicMan
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

In the first 30 seconds, I heard the words "clear, fair and transparent". Absolutely laughable.

You want us to bid on jobs when we don't know what the bid is going to cost. That's absurd - like taking an airline flight where they don't tell you the cost until you land. (Oh, we'll base it upon your "experience" - no turbulence? That's extra. No crying babies - another upcharge).

Here is how to be fair, clear and transparent:

Tell us what our bids will cost. Really freakin' simple. You want to have tiers - fine. $5 if they ask for a price $7 if they schedule a call $9 if they ask for a contract - whatever, but bidding with no idea what we're paying? We'll pass.

AlekseiW
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

To tell you the truth I didn't even watch the video Why do you think all these pros are up here complaining about the ridiculous switch you made? I have been using Thumbtack for about 4 years now. I really enjoyed the way things used to be. I paid for what I thought was a good lead and a great job match, and majority of times I will land the project. The reason why Thumbtack made great progress in the beginning is because it was not as expensive and pain staking as its competitors such as Angie’s list and Home Advisor. But, with this new foolish system that was just dropped on us like a ton of bricks without any explanation you are now equivalent with them both. 

You no longer stand out in the crowd and eventually you will begin to lose customers on a dramatic scale until you fix the problem and put it back the way it was! You are charging me hundreds a week to quote now! A simple reply that does not turn into a job/hire and I am still being charged. This is so unfair to Pros like me and the rest of the community. I speak for all of us when I say we use to feel like a family when using Thumbtack. Now it so obvious that we are being milked for our funds due to these extremely expensive fees that you’re charging. All of a sudden, your tracking not only the reply but now the phones calls & emails from the client in order to charge us? What the hell!

We are the Pros that rely on Thumbtack to feed our family's and produce additional revenue to pump back into the economy. Listen to us when we speak. Listen to all of us when we say you are going to lose each one of us one by one to your competitor if you don't reverse and go back to the way things were when it comes to pricing. These fees are just too high and majority of the time we do not even get the project. I thought I was the only one emailing customer service complaining, come to find out it's thousands of us crying out for this ridiculous price change. My account is currently negative $115, and I can't even quote on projects that I see coming through. It was never like this and there must be change or you will lose all of us!

IMG_Madison
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to love and use this service on a regular basis, but you guys really messed up with the massive change in cost for all of us, and you've lost a long-time client. It's more cost-effective to advertise on other platforms and locally. I'm part of the business community in Madison, Wisconsin - and we know at least a dozen companies who have abandonded ship since the change to a 10x cost increase. Someone clearly wasn't thinking... clearly, before this decision was made. Adios.

Highlighted
HANDSHEWD
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

As I read and read and read and read this thread.... the votes tally way past going back to the old way you guys fixed something that wasnt broke to us the customer so I would say this make the 2 platforms available for use and watch and see what gets more use... because I was super pissed when I got charged 75$ to tighten back up a toliet... that I charged 50$ for with parts.... and that has left a bitter taste in my mouth ever since and being a top pro used to be important to me and ever since this I pick my quotes very very very carefully and hardly use Thumbtack ever anymore I have switched over to using 2 other platforms because there pricing is listed right there in your face on both and if no contact is made bam refund no questions theres a button to push and you have your money back with 24 hours... so as once a top pro and still current at the moment but wont be for long because I have slowed down using thumbtack by 80% and Took my biss someone eles as in you chased me off and forced me in to your competition hands because

Sagearts
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

It astounds me that you can't even acknowledge that most of the feedback you got was not in the form of questions but criticism and outrage.  This is why everyone feels that you are dishonest and lacking transparency.  You had hundreds and hundreds of complaints.

That kind of feedback shouldn't make you excited, it should make you ashamed and humbled.

Your stated intentions in this video response are arbitrary and lacking in details, such as when these matters are going to be addressed, when some of the refunds that have been requested due to disputed charges are going to be returned, and what exactly you plan to do to make this arrangement more fair for those who are paying your salaries.  

You can try to put a positive spin on this but the fact is that you have serious problems with your system, and with basic honesty in your communications.

The fact is that you are currently working to fix a problem that is of your own creation.  This problem exists because you failed to consider the consequences of your policy changes prior to moving to this new system.  There is nothing about that, or in this video that encourages us to have faith in your ability to fix the problem, particularly when there are other criticisms that you have yet to acknowledge.

eccrumb
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

That video explained nothing! The only thing I heard was lame excuses as to why they still want to charge over $30 for a customer to say more than "no thanks". I haven't used thumbtack in over 3 months and have switched to another platform. What a shame they turned into. Their BBB complaints are through the roof so us PROs are not alone with the thinking. If we practiced our professions like they practice this service we would be out of work. My family business is a 5 star top pro service with over 29 reviews. We grew because of the assistance of the former thumbtack, but we are moving on unfortunately. $30 potential fee for a $200 job and having to pay for insurances and WC. Not worth it! 

Beth
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Well, I just got home after attending the Thumbtack event for pros that was held in NYC.  I went specifically to voice my disappointment, frustration and anger over the changes here in the past year or so.

I was able to speak to Community representatives, who were very nice, and I reiterated all my and everyone else's complaints which were on the Vinamrata pricing thread.  The people I spoke with sounded sympathetic, and even took notes, but could promise nothing.  I feel bad for them.

I was also able to speak to the CEO.  I was assured that Thumbtack has no plans to make changes in response to all these complaints.  Instead, they are "continuing to tweak and adjust" their platform.  He asked if I had noticed changes to the pricing that were supposedly enacted recently.  I explained that I used to love the service, but not any more.  He didn't seem too broken up about it.

What's even worse, now with the new search feature that was being highlighted at Profile Review station, the less you use Thumtack, the more you are penalized in the search results.

What a disappointment.  I really used to love Thumbtack.  Now, not only am I angry at the changes, but I am getting angrier and angrier by the way Thumbtack is responding to us, who make Thumbtack its money.

Don't call us your partners when you won't work with us.  Don't patronize us with cute "fun facts" and badges.  Just admit that you don't care about all these thousands and thousands of responses from your pros.

jcp
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution
BETH - I too attended a “top pro” gathering in LA in late July. Spoke directly to Marco. I agree with you. He has no intention at that point of changing this direction of the platform. 99% of those attending were unhappy. They even posted on a “suggestion” wall. I received a direct call from a TT corporate officer because they liked my responses on some feeds and what I gathered from my conversation that TT truly does have financial issues and must change their direction to stay profitable. It’s a must. After reading 1800+ responses all about pricing - and then the response back not addressing pricing at all just validated that conversation I had.
0 Kudos