Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Saammi
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

Iam looking elsewher also and when I locate the source I will post on my social media pages and e-blast to all professionals I am asscoiated with.  Hopefully all us Pros agree shall assist one another in locating a better, honest and more fair company.

Peacanpr
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Please share with me if you find something or maybe we can create a platform ourselves.. 🤔🤔🤔 onektdiamonds@yahoo.com thank you!
0 Kudos
Rentreadyaz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey I'm in with you guys I don't want to Railroad thumbtack for the sake of railroad no but I feel like they're intentionally railroading us without any kind of regret to speak of you know there are other places to get leads and if we all find good places to get leis we should share them one of these days when thumbtacks broke they'll come back to their senses Maybe
0 Kudos
reidercody
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, we all need to band together to lift us all up. We need to locate fair lead sources, and each of us pass it on to all. When one if us benefits, we all do if we share.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Perhaps it would be beneficial for the prospective clients to know that if they reply to  my quote, I have to pay $27.  And be encouraged to review all the quotes and respond to the one person they are ready to hire.   

I have been on Thumbtack for over 3 years.  I used to book  many jobs from the leads, now I only submit for about 1 job a week.  It can get too expensive with the current system.

handymac
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have asked tt for this process for some time. some customers respond to all quotes and they do not know that it cost the pro $$$.

Lazza6276
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Disappointed. I hot more leads the old way and I knew what i was paying for. This was not helpful at all as a pro. I dont want to pay 25 dollars a lead for a maybe.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CLINTtheDJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I want to send out quotes, I really do.

But the idea that I could end up paying Thumbtack for a job that went to a competitor because he undercut me is just unbearable to me. 

I'll pay for the quotes IF, and only if, I get the gig. That's how it works in my industry.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Congrats? That we have to take time and go out of her way to try to fix your problem?
0 Kudos
JJ1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Another thing is the customers do not know we are getting charged, so they bounce around try to the cheapest quote when have the time I can not quote and have to see the project. Oh and I could not put my name in as user for this comment saying wrong characters, huh all letter   I’ve told thumbtack may time there system is not user friendly and a lot of glitches. AND a over charging ever small job I get respond to customer flakes out I make no money just jacking up c.c. I’m sick of my business suffering because the lack of care for contractors, the customers should pay we are TRYING to make a living.     Pissed pool guy

0 Kudos