Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Regular
Best Answer

I agree with all on TT Is the one making money while we send out the response to questions and get nothing back!

We still pay for nothing! and they get payout both ways. I have sent out emails to get a quick email back and then nothing!

I think TT sends out these to make their money and we lose! Not fair!! Do something about It TT Our you are going to start losing good working people and companies!

DJST

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I feel the same way.

Told myself I'm there until end of year.

They either make the right changes or I'm out.

All my other pro friends feel the exact same way.

Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

ME TOO 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Agree
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
You're absolutely correct. I just got a newsletter from thumbtack or some sort of update saying that I should list my prices up front. They want you to give the price up front so that the customer won't waste your time but on the other hand that tell you to not give any information up front. it really was a awesome system they had going about a year and a half or two years ago and now it's the beginning of the end I'm afraid.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

It was more like 2.5-3 years ago.

Fantastic system that quickly escaladed downwards 😞

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Once again and as once again also from the pros out here, your system is based on just 1800 replays, when were told that y'all have over 200,000 pros. Selective replying I guess. One of the main things on how I get business jobs is by meeting the customer even after giving a bid. Most of the time people even say that they were more comfortable after meeting me and when they hire. You guys are basing your charge on us by how fast the customer replies? Like I've told you guys before, after you deleted everything I said, when a customer replys with "what's your next availability", and when we respond, you charge us but then that's the last we ever hear from them, you guys say that's a conversation with a customer and thank you so much for giving to the TT funding for everyone that is in corporate, and it's working for us. Hmmm. I've had the pleasure so far from the last lead that I've been on the job now for over a month and a half, but medical issues arose and had to take time off, but the customer and I are still working together to resolve issue as well. U have gone and taken a look at your pricing changes and your still way to high and now your starting to tell us how to bid jobs by charging appropriately. According to what your charging us. So when did you guys become a part of my business? Your not. I really think y'all are just wasting our time and your time to try and guess how you want to charge us the correct amount and how much we should charge our future customers. One of the biggest things in construction is showing up and not charging to do that, give them a free bid, but yet your charging us by giving them a free bid, but then when we get charged for not even actually talking to the customer at all, makes me wonder if I'm just as gulliable as some of the contractors that I have followed behind after customer has hired someone else from TT, and they get the down payment and there gone with there money, never to return again or sign up as someone else. Kind of sounds and feels like what your doing to us. Believing y'all will pull your head out of the sand and discover the light, for a better idea.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

The prices increases are ridiculous. Sometimes I'm paying for customers just to go window shopping.

I noticed sonme requests that woud have been gobbled up quickly in the past are now sitting without a nibble for days. No one wants to pay your prices. They're not reasonable anymore. I would have to be pretty deperate for business to even think about using Thumbtack again.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I am doing a face painting for free for a Senior Center next week for Halloween  Because the client contacted me through thumbtack - and I replied - I am getting charged.  I called thumbtack to say I am not even getting paid for this event - and they were like - well you are only paying XX as you have maxed your quotes for this week.  I am paying a ton for customers.  I hear you.  Thanks so much for listening.  🙂

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Same here, we do massage and have inappropriate clients or clients that do not read so they reply to ask a question that has already been answered so we have to pay a premium, questions and answers should be automated, they should only charge when a client books. So much wasted money. Or at least put the per click to $1