Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
ChefLauren12
Level 5

Re: Pay to play or walk away! Find success or find the door! :)

Solved! Jump to solution
Totally agree! My hiring rate is WAY down, since I’ll only respond now very infrequently to opportunities...it is what it is and it WON’T change-
So live with it, or exit ...which is probably what I’ll eventually do—
Sinnet
Level 4

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH prefer the old way of charging me for quotes!!!!!  I've called Thumbtack several times to complain and request that a charge for a quote be removed.  The potential customers had only responded to ask me a question - not to hire me - and I was charged by Thumbtack a very high price.  Ridiculous.  I've just read many of the responses from other Thumbtack pros - nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

GetithomeLLC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Pricing has gone up even more with the new system, I’ve seen some of my new requests for around $43.00 never have I paid that....what’s the difference with paying to be on the first page of google than using thumbtack where people are able to select from a line up of pro’s? With pricing going up I’m strongly considering a exit, I’m sorry these changes also impact my day to day activity and numbers....I feel I need to be more hands on with quotes. Not happy at all!!
0 Kudos
acerobin
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Awesome Response.

0 Kudos
dianniaoh53
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

This morning was my first opportunity to watch the video of Pricing and Q & A. I was totally dumbfounded when I heard the words that we do not pay for answering the first question from a potential customer. That is so untrue! I compalined about this from the beginning. I was charged as low as $1.43 and as much as $20.00, just to tell a customer that I was not available for the time frame they needed. I am so done, no more taking my money. I would get as many as 4 jobs to quote in the beginning every day, today maybe 1 a day or sometimes none at all. I clean homes, businesses and churches. I have a baseline of regular customers, I get more referrals that do not cost me anything, than I get for the money I spend on Thumbtack. DONE

Serendipity
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
If you ever decide return back to the way it used to be let me know. Until then please stop sending me leads. It is my opinion that you have become unethical, and no matter how many times I ask what the fee is, I am told in the long run it is cost effective. Perhaps I am too too literal. And it should be an easy answer.
0 Kudos
Valery
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

It's a win win for thumbtack and just thumb tack. So you get a client say " thanks for the information" then never writes back and you charge the pro. This is a failure on your part. You can't just say if a client says "no thanks" then you'll not charge the pro. There are so many other ways for a client to decline.  It is obvious in today's society and business people don't say "no thanks". They either just walk away if they're not interested, or might use other words different from no thanks.. I've had clienrs say I found another pro N just because they replied, I got charged. For what? Them finding some other pro. This is so lame. There is a dimple reason to why you switched. So you can send the same quote to 5 different pros, have the client try  who the best pro might be, then you charge all these pros. If you let a pro divide who to quote to and then pay for quotes believe me, you think that might hinder people from sending out too many quotes just so they don't get charged much, this hindering business for you guys . Get full information from clients, have them put in valid phone numbers so  the pros can convince them better. Trust me pro pay an arm and leg just to get a client on thumbtsck with this style. 

PlumberJCS
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Does it take more data processing or storage space to store the information on a lead you believe should net more profit? Are you educating the customers to not choose a bathroom remodel when they want a sink changed? How can you possibly determine the amount of profit to be made without knowing the job? Most of the time the customer has no idea what the job entails be it larger or smaller than their request. I agree with everyone else. What happened to the credit system? It went from purchasing credits to, I believe, $1.67 for what used to be a credit to this exponential price hike. Is there a run on the gas pumps? As a former developer I KNOW your backend system does not utilize any more processing time nor memory space from one request to another. How many of your exec's have a new Bentley?
0 Kudos
jepcarpentry
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Just this morning, I received a request that was labeled as "Kitchen Remodel" and listed as $75.00 to quote.  In the message section, the customer wrote, Tile repair or installation.   There are things I think Thumbtack needs to address and address seriously.

WE (the pros) are their customer.  WE (the pros) pay our hard earned cash to them.  The people who use the service to  reuqestion US (the pros) most often, at least in my profession, do not even know what they need to request, or aren't given many accurate options to choose from.

Repairing Tile is NOT a kitchen remodel.  It's repairing tile.  A pro knows this - a person looking for a pro, does not.  They pay nothing to use your service, yet what they enter determines how much it costs us to use your service.  Requests need to be screened, preferably by someone who actually understands the profession.  

You all seem so bent on pleasing the person who doesn't pay, and letting the ones who actually support you have to spend hours of wasted time on leads that aren't accurate or pay for quoting someone who was just curious about what it would cost.  A little due diligence and making sure the request makes sense would go a long way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robby29
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Well I will say one thing about the price structure, It now will force me to look at better ways to market my catering buisness with out the use of thumbtack. Its just to cost prohibitive. I'm a small bbq  catering buisness and can't afford to answer a question Like: "do you do chicken" and be charged $65.00 I never thought I would be forced to look at other options until now!