Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
wrenzema
Level 4

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

I have stopped using Thumbtack because you were making more money from my efforts than I was.  You have reserved for yourselves the right to raise prices anytime you choose and to any amount you choose.  That basically gives you a blank check to my checking account.  That will not happen again.  If I am responsible to pay for your services then I should also have the authority to say at least yes or no to the exact amount.  I will not be using Thumbtack again until you convince me you have fixed the blank check problem.  I should know in advance how much you are proposing to extract from my account and then I should have at least the right to approve or disapprove that amount.   Fix that problem then maybe I'll use you again, depending on how much you propose to charge.  You were making more money off of me than I was making myself.  NO WAY.

0 Kudos
thedogace
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Your pricing is through the roof and I may have to cancel my account with you. I am a small 1 person business and the only one that I know of that does what I do in my area and you are saying that you are basing what I get charged per bid by what you think should be charged for the job I do. The problem is you are taking so much away from my profit by charging me so much per bid. But then you will give me a free job because you say that that perticular job isn't worth as much. My pricing is set by how for I have to travel to my client, then it is a per hour job and the customer decides how many lessons they want.

So what I want to know is how you think you can say that one job is worth more than another when you don't even have a clue how many times a client will need me to come out?

Please go back to the old pricing system your new one just seems a bit on the greedy side.

I'm just sayin'

Lucas
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am so fed up with thumbtack I was sending 3 to 5 quote a week and I was only getting 2 out of five jobs a week the charges where $8.00 to $10.00 but now at $15.00 to $17.00 per quote is not with it to be honest too many flakey people want to hire me or they don't answer at all, this week I send 5 quote I have not got one job at all.
I'm a journeyman carpenter and I get a request to install a t.v lol that was a perfect match thumbtack say lmao.
Customers have to many choices to choose from that they put on the post things that do not pertain to the things they need repaired or installed.
Thumbtack get it together because you are going to loose at the end, i have have 6 friends that are closing their accounts.
0 Kudos
Bosco
Level 5

Outragous cost

Solved! Jump to solution

At 50.00 per lead, I am going to use them maybe once a month, I'm a one man shop and to submit 4 bids per week at 50.00 each that, 200.00 per week or 800.00 per month for a Just Looking Reply...

cornerstone1
Level 1

Re: Outragous cost

Solved! Jump to solution

I am currently cancelling my account. The highest lead cost I have seen was I believe $20-$22 before they changed the format. Now I have seen up to $75.00 for a large remodel. The thing is they send it to 4-5 other contractors. I have accepted a large remodel lead which the customer was not accepting quote but I was still charged for the lead and could not get a refund. Real ethical Thumbtack.

Highlighted

COST OF LEAD = OUTRAGEOUS

Solved! Jump to solution

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TT IS CREATING THESE "LEAD" COSTS.  NOT ONLY DO I GET LEADS THAT ARE BOGUS AND HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM, BUT I ALSO GET CHARGED DEARLY FOR THEM.

2 LEADS AND YOU WANT TO CHARGE ME $124.95!!!  2 LEADS! 

HOW DO YOU EXPECT A SMALL BUSINESS TO SURVIVE?  

SOME BUSINESSES ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND ITS A GREAT PLACE TO GET CLIENTS, IF YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH CLIENTS THAT ARE ONLY PRICE SHOPPING FOR THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICE AND THEN TT TURNS AROUND AND CHARGES THEM $62 FOR A LEAD!  COMMON MAN!

TT NEEDS TO LOOK AT HOW THEY ARE TREATING THEIR PRO'S.  LOOK AT ALL THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE PRICING.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

0 Kudos
PaulasZzerts
Level 5

Re: COST OF LEAD = OUTRAGEOUS

Solved! Jump to solution

As a caterer TT WAS a great source for me to get new jobs. I even used it as a customer to find staffing for events and work that I needed done at my house. With this new system I no longer attempt to bid on jobs and I will not put another pro in the position to have to pay TT pricing to bid on jobs that I need. TT you have lost me both as a pro and a customer for other pros on your platform.

Re: COST OF LEAD = OUTRAGEOUS

Solved! Jump to solution

@PaulasZzerts I totally understand what your feeling.  I have used it to find video editing and for my own wedding, but knowing what is on the other end of it feels absolutely horrible.  I am to the point that I do not want to use this either.  I am a newer busines, and booked my entire year using TT, they made thousands off of me, but it has helped get me established.  Now its time to break away and use other lead generating methods.

ChefLauren12
Level 5

I have been a successful Top Pro on Thumbtack for years-ever since the last set of changes and your new ridiculously out of the ballpark pricing system, I’ve watched my TT hires plummet to almost nothing.
Paying $25-60 for a lead is ABSURD and the saddest part of it all is watching a viable system turn into a greedy corporate takeover.
Not only have the prices increased, but so has the competition-it used to be that the lead would be closed out at five pros-that means that there is a 20% chance you would get the work. Now, there are 14 other pros to compete against-how is that fair in anyone’s mind??? You’re asking us to pay exorbitant price points per lead, and then compete against 14 other pros?? I’d love to meet the genius that came up with this! What has happened is you have brought the “tire kickers” out of the shadows -people that price shop and don’t consider anything else. The lead quality has diminished considerably and the competition is now in another hemisphere.
Look to the small business-no one wants to help us succeed-thankfully I was able to meet many wonderful clients through the years and many have repeated events so I take that with me as a very positive aspect of my relationship with Thumbtack.

cornerstone1
Level 1

Re: What rating would Pros give to Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

I preferred the previous lead service where the leads were 2x-3x lower in cost eventhough you were charged for the lead immediately. I was using Thumbtack much more as I was also getting more projects from them. The new system, being a contractor the leads are very costly and a couple times the customer was not or would not accept a quote or they had already recieved up to 4 calls from contractors. I was charged $75.00 for a lead the customer was not accepting quotes, not the first time, and I am unable to get a refund. When I signed up I was told 2-3 contractors would recieve the lead but 5? Thumbtack is making a fortune but have an unethical business practice for refunding Pros for bad leads that cannot be followed up on or given the opportunity to quote. Good bye Thumbtack you lost a customer.

0 Kudos