Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Dead End Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

I have had the same issue, I was told in a chat with customer service that my job is to win them. Last time I checked if they are more ghost than a dead person how do I win them? Sorry makes ZERO sense and shows that they actually do not know the service they are providing. I guess it is all fun and games when it isn't their money that is being used. All TT has to do is just be honest with their stuff. That way we can move forward in a productive manner, not BS people with telling them ohh if they don't respond you will still get charged because they asked "What is your availability". I also asked them why they have these auto replies because if they want the service asking me "What is your availability" is not going to be conducive. If they actually look like they care in the chat that is when we should be charged.

I mean the majority of the time they end up asking me regardless where I train people (I run a small personal training business) and the address is literally in the about me when they look at my profile. Like if people aren't willing to invest 2-3 minutes to read our blurbs that TT wanted us to write up to get customers then they shouldn't be using the service.

reidercody
Level 6

Re: Dead End Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

Exactly. If these are real customers, they don't even read the profiles. They seemingly ask  the same questions that I answered in the profile!!! It makes me question the authenticity of the request.

Ngphotoz
Level 4

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
That really didn't explain anything.
marotta56
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with thumbtack for a long time. you guys are getting out of control with your prices.I like the old system better.when you bought  credits. I am not bidding on jobs as much because of your pricing.looking for diffrent options.

bmaraia
Level 4

I see Im not the only one having an issue with the pricing changes unannounced!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

I just find it ridiculous that pricing changes by "thumbtacks" standards of quality of leads! I do FREE evaluations, everyone want something for nothing!!! I've spent thousands on leads and my return isnt nearly as close to what I've spent and then the rep tells me I dont know how to close a sale! Well everyone that actually comes in NOT off thumbtack, closes! You pay for people "fishing" or just looking for something for nothing a lot, but hey... once in a while you will get a client, but this pay $10/$15 per lead....  I'm going to run in and in the news paper, cheaper!!!

Highlighted
djstash27
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel your focus is not on the pros but on the customers. You want to attract customers to come in so you can charge the pro for a "lead"

Deborah306
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I am so relieved that you have lowered your prices. I had given up and haven't been looking for work here for a few months. But this week I cranked it up and bid on a bunch of jobs. Unfortunately, no one answered me. I am a top pro and great profile yada yada, but the one suggestion I kept making was not considered and I still think it's one of the reason no one responds. Because I can't give a flat fee because as an editor I need to know the exact word count to know how much time it will take me, and then to know what to charge. So I tell the customers in my response, please let me know your exact word count. The range does not help!!! With quotes going to so many editors, customers aren't going to respond to one who doesn't give an accurate fee. I wonder what other editors are doing? Giving an hourly fee seems to turn customers off so I put Need more Info. But I get no responses. I used to get jobs all the time,.But since you changed everything last summer I have not gotten one job. What are other editors doing and why don't you ask for EXACT WORD COUNT?  Please. It's too competitive and some of us are being ignored.

--Deborah

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

The sound volume on this is very very low on my computer and my computer is fine.

Everything is turned up but I can hardly hear you.

picoramapb
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

How many people got their comment removed ? Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@picoramapb comments can be edited or removed if they violate the Community Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions regarding these guidelines 

0 Kudos