Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

The post is still in this same thread HERE. Again I'm sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Jim
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This is the unprofessional behavior that does not merit ridiculous rates.. I just got a quote for a wedding photographer, budget was under 250 and rate was 25... there is zero justification...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Here is my problem with the pricing change...the service that thumbtack provides me hasn’t changed. All you offer me is an introduction. That’s it. You base pricing based on what the job is worth but you are not offering me a job. You are only introducing me to someone who is looking for my service. It’s up to me to actually get the job. This costs me more time and money and in many cases I never get that far with a thumbtack user. I don’t understand why prices to quote is 10% or more of what the job pays when you are not giving me a job offer. You are only introducing me to a POTENTIAL future customer. I get better success with word of mouth which is free. I get more inquiries and traffic from social media which again is free or certainly less than thumbtack. So if your service to me has not changed, why has your pricing?
Batkitty5961
Level 5

Pricing??? Notifications????

Solved! Jump to solution
I keep getting random charges that I can’t keep up with? The prices keep going up But not only do I not know what I’m being charged for but I’m never notified when the price goes up so I can make a choice whether or not I want to bid on the job or not! I find it unfair that someone behind the curtain decides what I am to be charged each and every time. There’s no chart that I can go from nor am my notified when prices go up
Jeff20
Level 4

It would be nice to have a customer name to reference a charge. I don't know who or what a charge is for. All I know is Thumbtack just sucked some more cash out of my account. I'd like to suggest adding a customer name to the charge so I can determine what the charge is for.

Moderator Meckell

Hi, @Jeff20 if you go to the payments section of your account and click on your receipts, the customers name will be right next to the charge. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
desertcogo
Level 5

Deadbeat Customers

Solved! Jump to solution

I was hired to take photos for a group of women coming to Key West for a bachelorette party.  I took photos at two separate venues, paid over $30 for a taxi to get to one of the venues and spent several hours reviewing each photo in Photoshop.  When I sent a message to the woman who hired me to inquire how she wanted the photos sent to her and to secure my fee I have not heard back from her.  I was charged $20 by Thumback for this $200 shoot and I'm tired of the quality of the customers on Thumbtack.  Thumbtack gets their money up front and when a pro tries to get a refund because of customers like mine, it's like trying to get blood from a stone.  I'm convinced Thumbtack will eventually fail because of their greedy "money grab" pricing policy.  I have roughly calculated how much more money they are making on each lead compared to the old pricing policy and it's astronomical.  It's obvious Thumbtack will not go back to the old pricing policy, which was working just fine because they are now raking in record profits.  

Solved! Jump to solution

I love how you keep talking about pricing transparency and i STILL dont know how much im being charged and for what.  This makes no sense. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @swmatthews1987 you are actually able to see the cost now. This was a change we made a few months back, you can see our announcement about it here. To see the cost of a contact you just need to go to the request details and select learn more. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
MnM3220
Level 1
I try my best to be fair and objective. I’m a flooring installer, Thumbtack was my favorite lead generator. However, now they have raise the lead price significantly. In the past I wouldn’t mind getting junk leads, since the pricing would allow me to compensate when I would sell a job. Now, I have gone back to Homeadvisor and starting to be in the talks with google ads. Sorry thumbtack your business model does not justify your pricing.