Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Electricians

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I've went over and over that with h support problem is Thumbtack is make ng l I'll keep 1000% higher profit margin now then they were before so they in all honesty just don't care to switch back to a system that works well for the Pros that pay for Thumbtack. They were only getting money from 5pros before now they get money for I've seen as many as.up to 25 ok n a single job request and they are charging us like 4-5 times more for every bid

Regards,
Aaron F

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
All I can say without my post being removed is keep your options open as not pertains to growing your business! No one has money to throw away. I've increased my pricing about 6% to adjust for our increased overhead.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Meant to type previously, as it pertains to growing your business.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I will also say out of fairness to thumbtack, they have been helpful most recently when I've been charged for renters calling in trying to have work done on property that doesn't belong to them. So thumbtack they are starting to listen in the area when it comes down to giving out credits if you're wrongfully charged. Kudos to them on that part.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Thank you for this @Navyguy4688

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I may be equally frustrated, but I'm still fair!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
One last note then I have to get back to work make that money. I think if thumbtack starts to realized that as
License electricians if we get a customer with a repair more than not likely, that will not be residual business unlike a customer with a new installation. Customers with repair issues, that is typically a 1 time pain point. So once that pain point has been resolved they move on. I don't have a problem being charge a flat fee for a repair customer, going back to their previous platform of 3 to $6. I have no problem with that at all. But for installation customers and whereas we're charged roughly 12 to $18, I totally get it. I say this because if you're a good electrician, and you do quality work, and have good competitive pricing, those installation customers will be calling you back! I'm living proof.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

TOO MANY CHARGES NO BUSINESS RECEIVED ONLY 2 business worth 600$

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Been charged 567$

Only got 600$

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hi, just one more point that occurred to me. I've been playing music, 40 years, and a bandleader most of that time as well, and when someone comes up to me somewhere, and asks how much do we charge to play a party or reception, there's no way I can give them even a ballpark price, before knowing a number of specifics. The same, I'm sure, is true for many other professions/services, that are not standard jobs. So, if a decades-long pro can't know without asking the client a number of questions, there's no way a computer algorithm is going to know ahead of time, so it'll never be an accurate prognosticator, thus it's determination of an appropriate fee will always be flawed.

In past years, I've sent in a number of very detailed suggestions as to how to better prequalify & clarify what exactly a client was looking for, and felt like progress was being made. However, then TT went off the deep end, radically transforming their entire pricing structure. This has caused many longtime pros to leave, or as me, simply stop responding to leads, until & if the system ever gets back to being a feasible service to use. I sure hope it happens, and the sooner the better, or it will starting back at Square One, having to find all new providers...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I have set back and read all the back and forth from the Pro's and the TT employee's. I have not posted anything for a while because is you do you are removed from the conversation and from getting leads. Since this format beagn my leads have dwindled. This week and last week, zero leads. Before I was getting so many that I had to pick and choose which ones I quoted.

0 Likes