Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
desertcogo
Level 5

Re: I would like to have Thumbtack the respect they had for me, formerly.

Solved! Jump to solution

How do I get refunded for a customer who had no intention of paying me?  I completed the job but when I contacted her for my payment she doesn't reply?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@desertcogo I want to look into this. Go ahead and send me a private message with the name of the customer and any other helpful info.

0 Kudos
desertcogo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

How do I send you a "private" message?

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@desertcogo Go to my profile here and then select direct message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

You don't! You get the same line of rejection every time... "they have your information and can come back in the future". These people cost us money. I spend time in the emails back and forth, set up a data, obtain their info, send them a contract and an invoice and then get ghosted, or they procrastinate and the date comes and goes and the job never happens. I have about 2 dozen of these over the past 4 yrs. No, they don't ever come back at a later date!

IE. An engagement couple last spring, where they guy kept blowing her off and making excuses to postpone the session. Never happened, but she decided to just come herself and make it a Glamour session, all about her, in Oct. That didn't happen either.

I even have several paid deposits where people cancelled last minute and never rescheduled!

I'm sitting here today with no response from the brand new search system, who chose me yesterday! I didn't even have to put out a bid. She chose me from the list. We conversed, she provided me her personal details for the contract, we made the appointment for today, because she was in a rush. I even asked another client if we could push back a half hour later so I could get this woman in. I sent the contract and invoice and told her that I needed everything back by midnight to lock in the session, and midnight came and went with no response!

TT doesn't care. They will tell you that they made the introduction. I put hours, unpaid, into the conversation, contract, invoice, etc., hold the space open (sometimes it's only a few days away) and turn down other work because I think I'm booked, and all this time is lost money - a waste for me. But the fact that they don't show up, is not suffucient reason for TT to refund, in their eyes. Those are the same eyes, however, that for the first 3 years, always saw that that was an outrageous thing for a "client" to do, and a refund was always granted. Suddenly, new policy means no refund unless the request misrepresented some aspect of the job. Eat it, because it won't change. Calculate your cost of acquisiton based on actual hires. If it doesn't work in your favor, be done. You will not change policy. You can live with it or not. Vote with your feet.

Adriana
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

If you want to help, then it's easy. Note that for almost a year, the Thumbtack stopped working for me. This was not a slow process. This happened from one day to the next. After that, from time to time, I get a message from someone, but they never hire me. They ask if I'm available, and when I answer them, I pay for the Thumbtack. I downloaded the values, increased the distance, did everything I could do. I'm sure the problem is not with me. I even tested it. I offered a job worth $ 100, for $ 10, and even then, the person did not hire me. And I have over 30 5 star ratings. I'm a Top Pro. Something is very wrong.

Chantaclair
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have to agree.  I also work with another company, and have for ten years, Take Lessons.  They used to send me tons of students and listen when I had ideas different than their policies.  Then they changed, it was all about the $$.  I was thrilled to have Thumbtack's newness and new approach. For a tiny amount, toss a 'bid' out there and see what happens!  They were kind and willing to listen to everything I submitted.  Then, they too changed.  It was suddenly all about the $$, and not $$ for me. Last year I spent about 80% of my marketing budget here.   Now, I pretty much do nothing with TT. 

Solved! Jump to solution
So many people sell out to money.

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

Very corrupt business practice! So many fights with them over the phone!!!!! Never any supervisor/manager on duty!!!!! I stopped using them!

timwing1
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

I dont blame you, I simply mark up my fees 500 percent, then tell the customers who can read that Thumbtack sets to fees, and complaint to them!