Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Active Community Member
Best Answer

That's a valid concern! Keep track and look at historical date from your sales. I would hope that TT is more ethically smart than to do that. Because pro's talk whether in this forum or other social media outlets.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
I hear you and share the same concerns. The only way that Thumbtack could accurately and fairly charge those of us that are in business whereas we don't know the full scope of the project until we meet and/or talk with the customer then submit the actual bid. Once the bid is accepted by the customer then Thumbtack could reach out to the customer to verify the cost then they could fairly charge the pro. Just like a real estate agent they charge a flat fee of typically 6% on the cost of the home they don't guess what that's going to to be until after the close. That is the only fair, ethical, and accurate way to charge the pros there's no other way around it! I've personally given Thumbtack my input over the last year, so now I'm waiting until the first of the year to reevaluate my loyalty to them. Take care fellow pro!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
One more thought. 6% of $1500 is $90 vs. let's say $18. And 6% of $150 is $9. My point is simple. I don't know any electrician that would bark at a flat rate of 6% across the board. And thumbtack would make a lot more money in the long term using a 6% flat rate because let's face it certain trades like electrician, HVAC, plumbers when we get installation type jobs, the average job is more than a $150. Just sayin!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Charged before actually being hired

Community Regular
Best Answer
We should only be charged when we are actually hired for the job. Most customers contact us and dont follow thru or respond. Just because a customer shows interest does not actually mean they are ready to hire or will hire us.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

the pricing problem WASN'T SOLVED!!!  If a customer first replies no, you don't charge us $45 or more, well BULLY FOR YOU!!! let's give Thumbtack a medal!  If the customer replies send a demo first, then on the second email says oh never mind my brother's friend will play for free, then NO I shouldn't LOSE $45 being charged for a gig I NEVER GOT PAID FOR!!!!   That makes no freakin sense at all.  You should just pre-charge x number of credits like before  - maybe up to $15 for a high paying gig.  Thumbtack will make lots of money off hundreds of those $15 fees!   - no one can afford to pay that much for leads that dont pan out!! what is wrong with you people?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Why a customer just ask a question does thumbtack charge u for that?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Plz tell me what sense that makes for me ? I know thumbtack think the are interested charge the pro! But that is pure bull! Thought thumbtack might be more professional than pulling a home advisor dirty trick! What gives?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yes Thumbtack prices have gone up way higher then when I first joined. Now I have been charged a lot for the very few responds by customers. I don't understand why I am charged for contacting 8 or so customers and only one responded too me. Before you only paid a real small amount when the customer responded to you and nothing when you contacted the customer requesting.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Exactly they charge about $50 a pop. 

@sjarrett wrote:

Yes Thumbtack prices have gone up way higher then when I first joined. Now I have been charged a lot for the very few responds by customers. I don't understand why I am charged for contacting 8 or so customers and only one responded too me. Before you only paid a real small amount when the customer responded to you and nothing when you contacted the customer requesting.

0 Likes
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I'm a caterer and don't understand how you charge me before knowing what the client wants, how much i have to spend and what my charge is to be. The credit system seemed to work and gave me much more flexability in deciding who i wanted to do what for.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I've had several customers lately that I was charged for. One of them cancelled at the last minute, said they had a change of plans. I was already charged. I've had others who after I was charged would not reply back. I'm just bout done with thumbtack. I've spent thousands since joining, but many tims was charged without ever getting the job.

0 Likes