Highlighted
Best Answer

What happened to the money in my account?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I had money in my account to make bids and when the way that was handled was changed, my balance disappeared!  Can I have that back please???   I've sent a couple of emails on this subject before and never received a response.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Clients not getting pro leads because of outrageous lead prices.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
In the last 48 hrs there have been 42 leads and 31 in answered leads for Catering in the Nashville, Tennessee market. Not one of those leads has been contacted by a pro! Leads cost from $19-$60 per lead. This is highway robbery. Thumbtack you still have not addressed the pricing issues and it shows! Pros are not sending quotes because of it. At some point the leads will dry up and there will be a new platform. I suggest you fix it before it’s to late and stop making excuses for the pricing matrix. Good luck and I hope you start listening to the pros and fix the issue.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Regular
Best Answer
I think the prices need to go back the way they were before. Way too high now. 75 dollars is waaaayyyy too much for one quote or one response. I hardly use thumbtack anymore because the prices are so high now.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about appearing in search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I've called and suggested a few times they go to a monthly fee or a yearly fee. I feel like I get charged a lot for jobs I'm not getting, or start up guys pretending to be a customer to see what I charge
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I feel the same way about the pricing.  Ridiculously high.

If we buy groceries and drive to the client, much of the profit is gone already.

Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I agree that is why I slowed down in use them as a back up
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thumbtack has rendered itself usless to me and others. Im not paying for someone who just sends initial contact message. If you have car issues, and bring it in for service, does the mechanic pay you money to diagnose your car? No. You pay them for diagnostics and then pay the cost of the repair.

For new home design and construction 99 of 100 first messages are "how much to build this house". Thats a hard cost question, the price is up to you on material selection, area, size, location, ect. It has nothing to do with design services which is a soft cost. Ive explained this time and time again to customer service arguing for a refund and nobody cares. Im paying money to explain general construction knowledge.

Im done with thumbtack. Go back to the old way where its a few bucks for me to reach out to customers. Not $75 everytime I recieve a message. Absolutely crazy!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Trust goes both ways (Pricing)...

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

"I know it doesn’t feel good to pay when you don’t get hired. Let me explain more about why we don’t charge you once you’re hired. The main reason is that we don’t know when a customer hires you. We work to introduce you to as many customers as you want and once they reach out, we step back and that job is yours to win.

We realize you may not get hired by every customer who reaches out to you, and we take that into account when we price leads." -vinamrata

This is not true.  Thumbtack knows when a customer hires a client because the client/pro marks themselves as "hired".  I get plenty of notifications that someone hired a different pro.  If you don't trust pros or customers to mark themselves as hired, why should we trust Thumbtack to send us legitimate leads? 

Why am I getting so many leads in October and November with the comment "Its for a Summer Party?" Am I supposed to trust these "leads" as legitimate, when Thumbtack doesn't trust me to say when I am hired?

If I send a $200 quote for a party, and have to pay $40 because the customer responds but really isn't even serious about booking, then I'm out of $40.  Even if the customer does book, that is a 20% charge.  On the other hand, a site like Gigmasters only charges 5% on *booked* leads. 

This buisness model has not been profitable for me and I am very seriously considering closing my Thumbtack account.  

Highlighted
Best Answer

Pros should not be charged for "What's Your Availability?"

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I was just charged over $28 dollars within a 24hr period for 4 people asking the same question:

"What's your availability?"

Often when you respond (since you're charged already!), you NEVER hear back from them.

I'm currently 1/2 way to my budget limit (in less than 24hrs/1 day), so I can't imagine (and never will) increase(ing) my budget to get more "leads".

Thumbtack, you should take a page from Bark's marketing book (which they took from you), and after paying/being charged for leads, you release 100% of that customer's info (phone #, email), after all we were charged for it, so let us follow-up with all their contact info released...it's a true win-win-win situation!

As professionals, I (and I'm sure others), do not want to spend our time sending multiple follow-up messages via Thumbtack to be ignored, or to see that they also asked the same questions to 15 other pros, can you say...CHA-CHING!🤑

Thumbtack, I really believe you can come up with a better solution that benefits the Pro, and not just the customers, yourselves and then...the Pros.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pros should not be charged for "What's Your Availability?"

Community Expert
Best Answer

@trainerlisa

Well, it happened to me as well. 2 weeks ago, after talking with a rep via phone, I was told to give Promote/Instant Match a try. Against my better judgement, I did. I'm a very personable person, so relying on Thumbtack to send quotes out for me is something that I won't do anymore. Even when Instant Match sent quotes out prior to this stupid change, I was able to follow up with a personable message. Rep told me "you can still be personable, just add it into your profile, and wait for customer to reply to you". I'm a DJ, been doing this for 29 years, and each customer has different needs. How do you incorporate all that into your profile?

Anyway, I tried it their way, and got charged $42 for 2 generic replies. Of course, they won't refund me. Instead I get told the charges are valid as it falls within their guidelines and I was sent a link. I even received links on how to be a success. Really? I've been doing this for 29 years and they are telling me how to be a success.  I find it insulting and belittling.

I'm on Bark as well, and they provide ALL contact info for customers. And we pay nominal fee, almost the same for each customer. And if I have an issue, they refund me, no questions asked.

I was having success with Thumbtack prior to this stupid change. My issue prior to the change, was why weren't they making sure customers checked us as hired, left a review after event.

Praying things change back and fast!