Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Drummerpro
Level 6

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
This same thing has been said thousands of times in slightly different ways. They aren’t changing back. It sucks. I’ve been after them since they started this new way of quoting. They did lower my pricing from 19$ to 8 since all of the complaints, so that’s a bit better. Not the $3.34 I was paying before tho!
0 Kudos
Navyguy4688
Level 6

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
My recent interactions with TT support have been positive. So I would say just hang in there and be more selective with what jobs you take and/or reply to. Not sure how it works in your trade/field, but if a lead comes in and its ambiguous and just says something crazy like electrical issue and no more details, I pass on the lead. So TT is losing out because they are still allowing such leads into the arena. And more and more pro's are passing on these. Hope this helps. We (pros) have to train the customer and TT how to treat us!
0 Kudos
Searchtrack
Level 4

New pricing structure

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack is trying to force Pros into doing pricing that doesn't fit their business; each customer and situation is different.  They also, make you pay to respond to a message a customer has sent you by asking you to pay to quote. 

Why pay to quote if it's only a message and you can't see it. 

They have tripled their fee for quoting customers, and using us.  Without the Pros they wouldn't have a business; charge to customer to contact us!!!!!!

0 Kudos

All I know is with your current Pricing it's only benifiting Thumbtack I own a pest control company and you current quote price for Bed Bugs is over $22 per quote I may give out three or four before I get one so that's around $100 before I start making any money. Here's my opinion if it's sold you charge us we a forced to give a price to the customers most of them don't respond after you have gave them a price but of course you are getting paid. You are one step below Home Advisor and they are to much $18 to $22 & up per quote for just a simple pest estimate for Ants etc. Don't think I'll be hanging much longer & I don't want to hear be more competitive. Thanks Jim

0 Kudos
Al9226
Level 5

Who is the customer and how to fix pricing.

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s funny but I hear you were Thumbtack employees calling people that are looking for prose their customers. I think that the pros are your customers. After all we are the ones that pay you, am I correct? You worry about pricing all the time. I hear pricing pricing pricing pricing. Make your leads good leads and you won’t have to worry about pricing. 99 out of 100 leads that I get contain no information about how I’m supposed to price the job. They have clicks from the customers on lines that you get them, but those are not pertinent to what I do. I think that you should send the Lead to the pro and as soon as I pay I get the customers complete information including telephone number address etc. That way I can get the information from the customer about what he wants done and price it accordingly. If you don’t please the customer, remember the pros are your customer, you won’t be successful in any business.
keelveen
Level 2

New pricing structure

Solved! Jump to solution
I would love for thumbtack to be more of a monthly subscription type of business. Where it gives us unlimited access to clients and conversations. I would rather pay a once a month fee and get unlimited opportunities to get potential clients. Then spending 100s of dollars and not get the client. When you're in certain fields you may have 1,000s of competitors and it makes it impossible to get noticed. Hopefully this could be something you would benefit from and would increase your subscribers through the roof.
0 Kudos
Rjc
Level 6

Product Manager for Private Chefs

Solved! Jump to solution
Attention Product Team-
If you are catering a dinner for “under 20 “ guests, the quoted price for 20 is going to be different then say 4. It is not possible to quote prices without knowing a more exact guest count.
I think it would be helpful if TT had product managers that actually had some knowledge about the Pro’s busnesses. Here an idea: have special managers assigned to all the different Pro catagories where the manager actually has worked in the assigned field.
Have that manager meet with the pros and have meaninful discussions about what works for them. I for one would have a lot more respect for you if I was able to talk to someone from TT that really understands my business.
0 Kudos
wrenzema
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I should not be charged for your services unless a client actually hires me. 

scottds
Level 5

Re: client does not reply back

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes we should get funded back. 

Example:

I have a client who reached out to me through this new format.

He stated: lets setup a time to chat

I did. Gave him my number

day 1 went by - I replied back 'when is a good time for you'

day two: nothing

day three: he stated Friday would be good

Friday: I replied I am available, just shoot me a time?

nothing. Not reply.

I am still waiting for the client who contacted me. There should be a time limit. 

I should not be charged, until I am actually hired.

Stop ripping off the Freelancers!

scottds
Level 5

Re: knowing how much it cost

Solved! Jump to solution

yes, we should be able to know how much it is, and be able to see it as we previous had.

0 Kudos