Best Answer

Re: Charge customers a small fee to improve statistics and raise revenue

Community Expert
Best Answer

@chriseshar as mentioned when it was moved, the content of the post is similar enough to this thread in which feedback on how we charge is being discussed. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Charge customers a small fee to improve statistics and raise revenue

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I also address the issue of jobs not showing as Hired, which is just as prominent as the pricing issue, if not more so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

The new pricing structure is terrible! Paying for someone merely opening your quote is a rip off. Thumbtack don't forget the majority of your customers are budget concerned and we are paying champagne prices for beer budget customers.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I can I view how much a reply is costing me? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I agree. The pricing is crazy. I refuse to spend my money for what isn’t even a credible lead.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I have expressed to thumbtack customer service that I believe very strongly that we should not be charged for customers who do not follow thru. For example , some customers will write to us and ask our availability and we never hear back from them. So then thumbtack turns around and charges us for that? I understand its based on customer interest but sometimes no matter how much we may follow up , we never hear back from that customer. We should solely be charged for customers we are actually hired by. I am sure thumbtack can come up with a way to make sure doesnt lose money, but also us as pros dont either. In october I spend over $200 and did not get hired ONCE! This is very upsetting!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: charge when hired

Community Regular
Best Answer

Yes, a freelancer should be charged when they are hired not for just a reply. 

A great deal of of clients do not reply back and follow through and they leave the freelancer hanging and yet we get charged.

I don't see using Thumbtack as full times source if you are going to keep charging freelancers like this. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: charge when hired

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It's been said many times on here: TT should advise the client/customer that there is an automatical fee charged to the vendor when they respond to a quote whether the vendor is hired or not! Thiumbtack refuses to listen to anything that benefits the vendor it's all about THEM!

Maybe all vendors should include a statement in all CAPS prominantly, right in the profile that TT charges a fee for any response whether a hire is comsummated or not!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I would like to know how much a lead cost before I reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer