Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about search results

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Boomarang811 definitely understandable. If you'd like to see what you'll spend per contact you can choose to have Promote off and then to accept or decline a contact when they come into you. If you have Promote on you can use your services budget page to control your weekly spending and see your charges on the Payments page.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Personally, I've seen a lot of outragiously high costs for bidding.

If a customer contacts me and I simply respond....that's $17+ .

Kinda puts me off.

I'm just going through the jobs postings on the main site, as before.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
What is the rate for when a customer contacts you?? I had one reply and it was almost $20...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

After spending $150 - $200 a month, I've pretty much given up with Thumbtack. It used to work well for me but I'm not paying $40 plus for a lead so I don't care about 'search results'.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Give us your feedback!

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It actually saddens me to see a company with such great potential as Thumbtack make so many bad decisions that they become unrealistic & unreasonable to those that pay their fees. The decline actually began shortly after their first round of capitalization and has only become less effective to the participants (core services) but so much more valuable to the money centers and holding companies (corporate valuation). This feels like a strategy of generating extremely high short term corporate profitablility but at the expense of the long term relationship with the Pros that provide the services to the end clients.  I hope they will eventually learn that their value to the end client is only as good as the Pro tht performs the servies and the value to the Pro is not about the price of the bid but the value of the net profit generated by the Pro after performing the business. In our business the TT lead generation platform is not worth anywhere near what they charge for it. This is not even mentioning all the shenanigans they put us through just to participate in their market space. If we can not make money with their service it becomes useless. And that is sad.    

Highlighted
Best Answer

leads only looking for information

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I had some concern about people just looking information and us getting charge for providing such a privilage information. I still beleive we should get charge as soon the Lead get contract and make payment throught your service, this way Thumbtack have control of them receiving their fare share. 

Thanks

dW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

THUMBTACK MAKE CHANGES NOW OR LOSE QUALIFIED CONTRACTORS

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

OR WHOEVER IS MAKING WRONG DECISIONS..CHANGE IT..LEADS ARE GOING DOWN THE TUBE, CUSTOMER RESPONSES ARE DIMINISHED SINCE YOU IMPLEMENTED THE NEW SYSTEM AND I AM GETTING CHARGED FOR NON RESPONSIVE LEADS..

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

CANT YOU GUYS JUST GO BACK TO SIMPLE AND CHARGE 2-3 DOLLARS A LEAD THE WAY IT WAS I MEAN BUSINESS HAD TO BE BETTER FOR YOU I KNOW YOU HAD ALL MY BUSINESS NOW THE WAY YOU DO THINGS YOU HAVE NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND IM SEEING THAT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE CHASED OUT ITS TO BAD 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I am all for the montly subscription fee as well. I used to pay up to $20. for a lead and now I am paying $55 for a lead that does not even bother replying to my Email -- just fishing for the cheapest price! I wish you'd let prospect leads know that everytime they contact a pro, it will cost them big bucks!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Charged over 23% fee for a lead?? WHAT?!?

Community Regular
Best Answer

I just got taken for $19.70 on an $85 job. Anyone else get this??

Been here a little over a week and I'm barely breaking even. LOTS of tire-kickers looking for the cheapest price, and because they pick me, I get to foot the bill for it. Thanks Tumbtack.

I told myself I'd give it one month, and if it's not worth it, well, at least I learned something and it's a writeoff.