Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Charged over 23% fee for a lead?? WHAT?!?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Stray_Trustee wrote:

I just got taken for $19.70 on an $85 job. Anyone else get this??

This happened to us a lot when we first started using TT but we learned to take the good with the bad.  Low profit jobs are unavoidable; do what you can to benefit your company in the long run. Get reviews, get referrals, and keep growing. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply! I'll keep this in mind.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Stray_Trustee, get off Promote (Instant Match) for a bit and watch how things flow. Make sure to reply quickly to requests in your Jobs tab to beat the competition. That way you can hand-pick charges and have a bit of time to build your profile. You also have a chance to weigh the pluses and minuses of having it on or off. Just like anything in business, you weigh the risk and reward and make a decision (which you can always tailor).
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply! I will try this. I have many that I get Instant Matched with, as well as those who choose me - just to talk with someone about their job. They aren't too insterested in getting anything done, but just want to talk...  I'm doing my best to converse with them and answer questions, but it's comes with a price. If anything, hopefully I'm filling my pipeline and they'll remember me down the road...   🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer
@Stray_Trustee, I also tinkered with my profile description to make sure people see my address and services, as well as website. All this eliminated people not being clear where I'm located and the driving involved which were the main drivers of undesired charges before. Dropping off Instant Match/Promote will hide your prices and thus drop you down the list - keep that in mind. But it's good to see that in action and to know your options. You can manage that by responding really fast and beating the competition, and your quote will contain your price.
0 Likes
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thank you all for the additional feedback and suggestions you've given to us regarding pricing. We truly do appreciate it. To keep things relevant and organized in the Community, we will be closing this thread for comments. Thanks again for all your contribution and have a very happy Thanksgiving! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: What does it take to be a Top Pro? Ask the new class.

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I just wish Thumbtack would put more effort into take care of the professionals and our gripes.  When I first joined Thumbtack I was paying $4-$11 for bids and Thumbtack allowed a maximum of 5 professionals to respond saying if I won 1 in 10 bids, it worked out to where I was paying roughly 10% of the job to Thumbtack for matching me up with the customers.  Now Thumbtack charges $26-$55 for the exact same bids, and allows unlimited numbers of professionals to respond to the customers.  So if Thumbtack was aiming for taking ~10% of the job total in the past, how much does Thumbtack state they are taking now?  I had to stop bidding on any pressure washing jobs because if I won one in three bids I'd be losing money.  It's just pricing gouging.  

Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Community Regular
Best Answer
I understand the ranking system but what do plan on for the people that might contact you once but you never hear from them again. You have already paid for the contact but the small business is out the money. There has to be a way to make sure that we get hired before we pay
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
This new system is so rediculous. Why would you change a good thing? You should be taking care of your top pros instead of forcing them to turning to other platforms. Go back to the old system of using credits!!!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Where did you get an idea for what constitutes a good value? It seems to me that it makes some bad assumptions. With increasing price comes increasing expectations, so a provider who receives five stars charging $50 for a job isn't necessarily a better value than a provider who charges $100 for a job. Even though that job might have the same title, the expectations for what will be provided with each service are different, and therefore the rating doesn't provide the whole picture. Any plans to revamp or eliminate this value tag?
0 Likes