Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
picoramapb
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

i can email you my reply to see if you think it follows " guidelines " Nothing i said violated the " Community Guidelines " Thumbtack did not like what was said and that is why it was deleted. i attached links to more comments Reguarding this topic. Which again nothing was ever done. Thumbtack and the Pros are not a partnership. Thumbtack does nothing to change. Thumbtack does not see these as a serious issue. Pros know the risk, Pros built thumbtack and thumbtack does nothing for the Pros. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@picoramapb I went ahead and sent you a private message, respond to that once you get a chance. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully reaching a resolution! 

0 Kudos
dianniaoh53
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

My discusssion was removed still have no idea why, All I said was the truth. They charged me 1.43 for answering a question and the next day they charged me 20.00 for answering a question. I am no longer responding to customers unless its thru a quote.

0 Kudos
marotta56
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

mine was remove as well, just speaking truth how expensive the leads have become.i am not responded as much,to much money for a lead.

0 Kudos
Greenleaflmt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I really dislike the new pricing. It costs way too much to use thumbtack now. And the fact that my previous comment was deleted shows me you guys don’t want to hear from us unless we agree. Pretty passive agressive.
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Greenleaflmt if a comment is edited or removed, it's because it violates our Community Guidelines. If you have any specific questions as to why one of your posts was removed, please send me a private message and I'm happy to chat with you about it. I understand the frustration with pricing and we have this forum here for you pros to turn to so you can share your feedback. We don't by any means expect all pros to agree with everything, however, feedback does need to remain constructive working toward a solution. I want you to continue to post and I apologize if any activity from us seems, passive-aggressive, that's never our intention. Again, I'm always happy to help answer any questions you have!  

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

"We don't by any means expect all pros to agree with everything"

I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT I WOULD SAY ALL PROS DO AGREE

THAT THUMBTACK IS AT THIS POINT IN TIME BROKEN AND

NOT HELPING THE PROS THRIVE, MAKE MONEY AND PAY THEIR BILLS....

desertcogo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Vinamrata rambled on for several minutes but never explained why Thumbtack's prices went up drastically.  She said their policy changed so that potential customers could get information in a more timely manner which I'm sure is a lie.  I had never heard any of my customers raise a complaint like that.  It's obvious to me that this is purely a money grab by Thumbtack and they are just flat out refusing to go back to their old pricing.  I've read a load of responses from professionals and nearly everyone is complaining about the new pricing.  I'm sick and tired of being charged the new prices for a job and never hearing back from the potential customer.  I'm also tired of being charged $35 by Thumbtack for a $200 photo shoot.

DallasMike
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think it's totally unfair to charge a cement contractor more for a lead than you charge a house cleaning service. The Cement contractor will make more per job than the house cleaning service, but the amount of interface work required by Thumbtack is the same, Unfair. Charge for what YOU provide, regardless of the profit you IMAGINE the pro will make on doing the job.

Solved! Jump to solution
Wow I complained about your new pricing strategy and you remove my post for violating your guidelines, what guidelines did I violate your email was very vague. Or are you trying to suppress us from voicing are displeasure with your new pricing strategy. Again I’ll repeat you were great at first but now your just price gouging your customers, remember we contractors are your customers not the visitors.