Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
Sat out on September and October- can’t afford to quote triple price - - Prices will put me out of business.

Still reading every request. Still hoping to get back where TT was a awesome platform for a professional photographer and videographer as myself. It Was Awesome!! I loved Thumbtack!

Customers love my work and unfortunately they won’t know about me. I can’t respond to a”under $250” budget for $42- or no budget shown at all . It’s not a educated financial move for any small business owner.

....... really shocking as to what has happen with Thumbtack. So many unhappy people.

All these people who were so successful.

Really sad ...... all these small businesses who are suffering ..... so awful to read these stories.

Wish there was something I can do for you all.

BB
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yep! We've all spoken and still are not being listened to. The price for an email is ludicrous!!! When I pay 20% of the price I'm charging to the customer, it's time to move on. I mean really, $25 charge for a $150 job?! Absolutely a ripoff. You're hurting small businesses. You're not listening to your users. You're not really making any of us pros want to use your extremely expensive service. I do hope you make changes. And soon.

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
Another week - 1 quote out that was somewhat reasonable in price. No response. That’s it. The years of building my profile, reviews, status ...... as another said here - I’ve moved my advertising dollars elsewhere and have already earned it back. Still keeping an eye on TT - it’s hard to completely walk away from a platform I did so well and have built up reviews. It’s sucks. My business dropped off 100%. You’ve left me and many others no choice. TT pretty much has a genuine polling of the community and they choose to disregard those voices. That’s a fact. Good luck fellow pros. I truly wish you all the best moving forward and keeping your business thriving. Just keep moving forward! Smiley Happy
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp

I advertise on several other sites, and like you, keeping an eye on Thumbtack. I've had success here up until a 2-3 weeks ago. New format stinks. I had to stop Promote/Instant Match. Listened to a phone rep to try it, and I was getting charged for jobs that I wouldn't have reached out for. Still fighting for those refunds. Guess Thumbtack needs those charges more than I need it back in my bank account. They have to get paid somehow.

Sarcasm aside, yes, TT has only replied to those few who the new system works for, and VERY RARELY replies to those pros who are very upset with the new format. After all, aren't us pros the ones who pay for their service. Other sites work with the pros, I thought that TT would continue doing that for me, but they have chosen not to. Very sad

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie, @Meckell and I have received your direct message about these concerns and she'll be responding back to you soon in a direct message as well.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp I’m sorry to hear that customer didn’t respond. It can be hard not to focus on each loss individually and lose sight of the bigger picture and how you’re winning overall. You’ve seen such great success with Thumbtack so far and I’d hate to see you turn away with such a great list of hires and reviews under your belt. The new Search Results system I feel will be a big change in what you’ve been seeing in the last few months. All the changes we’ve been making recently have been leading up to this point where customers can put in their area and budget range to find high-level pros such as yourself. With your top pro status, amount of hires, and reviews, it should be a great tool for you to use and again I’d hate to see you turn away just as we begin with such a promising update. If you’re up for it, send me a direct message and we can talk in greater depth about these things and see what we can do to help you see or establish a value that makes Thumbtack worthwhile to you.

0 Kudos
Adriana
Level 5

I would like to have Thumbtack the respect they had for me, formerly.

Solved! Jump to solution

I started working with Thumbtack and thought: this is the best thing! However, in 1 year this has changed radically. Today I pay for some possible clients, who never hire me, and honestly I think they are not real customers.

Moderator Meckell

Re: I would like to have Thumbtack the respect they had for me, formerly.

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Adriana. We take fake requests seriously so if you come across a customer that seems suspicious, we want to know about it and get it taken care of. Follow these steps here to report it or send me a private message. I'm always happy to help! 

Rjc
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
When we say TT is putting up fake leads, your reply is worded in such a watbto make it look as though the fake leads are coming from outside of TT! That is not clever- you say tell us which leads look suspicious -when a suspicious lead is Brought to your attention what do you do? Remove it and refund the Pro that told you? Do you refund all the Pros that may have bid?
Why would someone other then TT send in a fake lead? There is no profit for them but there is profit for TT. Perhaps TT should stop putting up fake leads-
I am sure this post will be removed!
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Rjc I assure you that Thumbtack would not send out inauthentic jobs on its own. We dislike them just as much as the next person and like I’ve mentioned we do our best to keep them off of the site. In an instance where we pick up on, or where a job is reported by a pro, we take our due diligence to determine whether it’s a real customer or not. Yes, if we can prove that a customer is inauthentic all pros who were affected will be refunded and we will take necessary actions on the account.