results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Happycook
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
Try advertising on yelp. I haven’t had a day off in a couple of months now. And only 2 jobs from TT
Patspil
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Jackcarlos, do you mind sharing the company's info.

Thks
0 Kudos
MrB48170
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

That sounds so much better - what other services are you using?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
The best thing is really Facebook and your website and posting photos of your work ( before and after) referrals and repeat clients are your best bet to grow a company, people that shop around too much will never be loyal clients, they will cut your throat for 50 bucks. Never give a client a deal for promising you his other 50 properties, it’s a bull**bleep** move, and i’ve found a big tactic clients in the real estate business use is making the property personal (like I am going to make this my office or I am going to live in this house, they are trying to get a deal reaching for that personal project with limited funds BS, you’ll drive by later and the for sale sign will be posted, happens all the time, and still I am amazed at their line of BS to get a deal. Keep your pricing firm, they got money or they wouldn’t be buying real estate, and if they don’t have money then stay away because you will get screwed when they come up short or try to delay your payment.

If you are good at one particular thing write and post articles, you can get paid to do this and great for your business, like how to or examples of designs, or a question and answer forum could be really huge, like those lawyer visit at a radio station and he/she answers questions for free, but you could do it online and questions are sent to you, time consuming but could be worth it, of course you would want to narrow it down to your local area.

I’m not an expert but some of these have worked for me, save your money and don’t be leads, make your own clients. You would be better off partnering with a real estate agent with a postcard offering your i.e., roofing services or house painting.

Take care buddy and keep the Dream Alive, hit the road everyday with passion, people will be drawn to you and want to be near your energy.
HStudioIntl
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Any other options like thumbtack or similar?
0 Kudos
soloedman
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

care.com.  If you stay basic, it is free.  If you go to premium, $20/month.

0 Kudos
JJ1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Who do you use now?

0 Kudos
Ngphotoz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm in the same boat, I've even made that same suggestion to them and "I'll pass it along" in and automated response. I have numerous emails trying to get refunded or to stop inflating prices.
KCP
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Customers don't pay, we are the only ones who pay. Honestly I don't see how some Pros do it. They charge$100 for a wall mounting and a 1/4 of the price is the fee. Not to mention the amount you loose for every canceled lead or lead you don't win. Plus the cost of fuel and repairs on your vehicle to sometimes include parking fees, supplies, ect.... You do t make much after the fact.

Solved! Jump to solution

It is actually true that customers who put out questions automatically we get charged for. I have had so many people get back to me and say I am going another direction and I have to really fight for any refund. I understand Thumbtack wanting their piece of the pie but when I have to go out and do one job ONLY to compensate myself for the jobs that I paid for that I didn't get, it hurts to bother going to work at all. I think paying $25 or $30 to Thumbtack for a job I am going to make $195 at is a bit ridiculous. I am working on new marketing strategies so I can get away from Thumbtack. Although for now I will still use it, I am putting out higher prices now to make sure when Thumbtack gets their chunk it doesn't sting and it also means I am losing a great deal of customers because I know I am one of over 100 photographers in my area to compete with !