results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Ks
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Wondering about the higher prices on leads
0 Kudos
W3
Level 4

Wedding Officiant Charges

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be good if I wasn't charged until after I make a proposal to a customer. With weddings it is impossible to know how much to charge until after a conversation about the needs of the couple. Some weddings are very basic, others are more involved and require more time. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I already posted one but I’m not sure where it went to you I couldn’t find my response to you so I am sending you another one someone referred me to this website and at first it was all fine and dandy but then I noticed that when people contact me they want to know when I’m available when I tell them they never respond back when someone gets a hold of me and said they want a cleaning and I replied back they never replied back well I end up still having to pay I don’t think that’s right I think I should have to pay and everybody else if you actually land that job you guys are making a killing off of this and I’m just to pay you now you have change the policy or something I am a top pro I’m in number one place and I don’t get as many contacts as you charge me for but here in the last couple weeks you decided that you was going to do the perfect match and then you charged me if I reject it or try to pass it up you let me know that it’s already paid for and why would I do that so I go and look at my account and sure enough you charged me when I didn’t even approve of it or say I wanted the job that you taken it upon yourself to get money . I don’t think that’s right. What if you went to the store and the lady in front of you checked out and when she was gone you end up having to pay for her food and your food and if you didn’t pay there’s a punishment in the end you don’t get to go back in to the store until you pay or you go to jail and less you pay that’s about how it is if I don’t pay you I don’t get to use this site you wouldn’t be very happy so I don’t think it’s right that you’re charging us on a perfect match when I may have an appointment that day I may have another client and some of my clients are persistent on that day and if they don’t have that day then they don’t want me but what do you know you still charge this is no get rich job. And one more thing that you guys have been doing you tell me that the pay period was on Sunday well then you changed it to Monday that we pay well then why do you turn around and try to make me pay on a Thursday and stop me from answering these clients from Thursday- Monday ???
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Well to start someone referred me to this site And the one little thing that I liked is that I got to set the price but what I don’t like is that a lot of these I get charged for and some of them don’t even reply back or some of them don’t even have me clean but I’m still paying for them. And in the last month or two weeks from today you say it’s a perfect match and you automatically charge me you don’t know if I’m booked if I don’t got an appointment that day and and do then job the day they want some people are persistent on the day they want I don’t think it’s right that you charge when I didn’t approve of the job first this is not a get rich job and I am not making anything other than what I have to pay YOU I think it should be that we don’t have to pay until we get the job.
Yayi1967
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to love you TT. But as a small business owner I've been struggling to keep my fees to attract to a minimum with little success. Example, speaking to a potential client over a 3-5 day window and getting nowhere. That dead end cost me $30!! Why cant we get charged once they confirm you ate hired? It's been tough in 2018... and I'd hate to lose this great resource. Thanks...
Jr2
Level 4

To ceo are manager

Solved! Jump to solution
Lots of customers been reaching out to me and I got to pay to reply back what I reply no response back and I'm still. Get charged.yall need to stop these scam people.
And then your prices has changed I've been spending more money why are prices changing for sending quotes.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: To ceo are manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Jr2 It can sometimes be challenging when a customer doesn't respond. We want to remind you that what you pay for on Thumbtack is a lead and chance to sell yourself. Hires are never a guarantee, however, the idea is for the pro to earn enough hires in the process to make up for the cost of those connections. There will always be those customers who go a different route or are unsure, however, there will also be those customers who know what they want and are ready to hire. We're always adjusting prices and working to determine what is fair, be sure to check out our recent Q&A wrap up about pricing HERE.

0 Kudos
LathamE
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I've been a member on thumbtack for a while now and my biggest issue is about getting charged for communicating with customers. Now that has been addressed in many ways but the issue I have is when customers fail to reply after you've made contact, such as you sending a quote them asking a question or two about your quote and then never responding back to it. The issue is because I answered the customers questions to my best extent but for some reason they either cancel the job or hire someone else or ask 5 or 10 other pros the same question and then do it themselves. I think in cases like this espro should be refunded our money back. Also I think customers should know that us pros are being charged for communicating with the customers. I've told several customers that when I got the job and they had no idea that we were being charged and many of them has spoke to many other pros before hiring me all of which most likely have been charged through thumbtack for communicating with the customer. now maybe I did a better job selling them then but I doubt it I'm just like any other tradesmen trying to get a job doing the best I possibly can.
Dakota
Level 1

Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
How can a professional fence installer give an accurate price to the customer when their are so many unanswered question that involve fence??
0 Kudos