Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DrJill
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I agree the "mystery quote fee" is outrageous!  I have been expanding my promotional market to other avenues as TT is just getting greedy and dumping on professionals.  I will NOT pay a "mystery quote fee" or give them a blanket weekly budget -- I want to quote each client that I feel is a match based on their stated wants and my understanding of how my skills will meet those needs.  No algorathym can do that.  

It would be great if potential clients knew we get charged for contacting us, and how much that costs us. In other words, it's not great bait to say, 'don't respond unless your really really serious because it's gonna cost me' but if Thumbtack did that for us it would be great, create a sense of obligation on the part of the client.

Actually we should not be charged for a CONVERSATION at all, it is ludicrus.

We should be charged for the HIRE.

Brooks, 

I've actually ADDED a caveat in my quote to a potential client that if they don't think they  will be a good fit, to "fly right by" as I will get charged TRIPLE what I USE to pay for a quote with TT. I also do NOT use Instant Match.

I have NO problem doing that.

I've stopped bidding until TT fixes this debacle of a money grab is fixed.

Leigh Clifton

Studio656west

studio656west@gmail.com

727-410-8559

HobbitStudio
Level 5

I also want to add I really do not like that thumbtack feeds clients simple stock responses they can click on in response to my bids, or my instant match quotes. So many times to client just clicks "what's your next availability" and many times have never even looked at my profile. Let them type us a personal response to our bids please. It would help us get more information and close more leads. Get rid of the there or four stock response options everywhere on Thumbtack. We want serious customers.

Yes I despise the clickable answers! I want a personal relationship with my clients. If you can be troubled to write a real reply im not really interested . This is why I also hate Instant match . I have templates the old way but can add something more personal before sending. People not truly communicating is a major issue in society these days! Also I dont want to be contacted by people and charged before i see if im even interested or available for their job.

I agree
0 Kudos

Thumbtacks is listening I've experienced changes in my quotes and price's and i've been with them 5 yrs and am landing jobs / bids true there is still this auto match / reply thing i Dont agree with but other than that and oh i'd like to go back to the old sustem of buying credits and templates other than that I'm moving forward with TT
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree
0 Kudos
Jodi
Level 6

Maybe putting our phone # in our profiles so they can contact t us directly