results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
306candacem
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I agree with the quoting structure.
That is most important. I think our profiles are just fine. The quote cost is Way too high. And the auto quote is Incorrect, so I quit using it. Although I love the Thumbtack way, I joined years ago, it's getting harder and harder to justify continuing use. It just costs too much.
singforlife
Level 4

I agree 100%
Thumbtack was a valuable resource for years, but now I am paying a lot for much less and how people contact me is out of my control.
Go back to the way it worked 2 years ago. I’m about ready to quit!
adetor
Level 3

I barley use it anymore, too much for quotes that you can't control, too many bottom feeders and tire kickers!

The pricing for leads is a little outrageous. I'm not used to having to pay for leads but I gave this a try because I have friends who have had some luck in the past... but it's challenging pricing services competitively when 20-30% of my service fees are lost which makes me increase my prices - that's not fair for the service provider or the customer.

Highlighted
DJGlennW
Level 5

It's a lot outrageous and has been getting worse over the time I've been a pro.
Bighits824
Level 2

I have the same issue that some other pros have. The cost to qoute Request are way too high , and you don't know how much you're spending until you send qoute. I've been doing a survey with customers they do not know it cost the pros money to send them a qoute they think it's free just like it is for them. In the past 2 weeks I've sent over a dozen request and 3/4 of them never even responded the ones that did just wanted info and an idea on what it'll cost to do their project and weren't serious inquiries in the 1st place they just wanted info. So I spent over $300 on absolutely nothing. As far as profile it is OK the only thing is that customers should be directed right away to profile so they see who I am and what I'm about a 100% of The Times customers are just viewing the qoute and not even looking at profile.
mmmills
Level 5

Totally agree.

0 Kudos
Srichie
Level 4

I agree with pricing changes needing a once over. I would prefer to pay a set monthly fee.

Absolutely! Monthly would be better! I'm getting ready to end using thus site.
Brenda Calabria
Lawrence
Level 2

Absolutely agree with the comments regarding the new pricing structure at Thumbtack. WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YOUR COMPANY UNTIL YOUR PRICING STRUCTURE IS CHANGED. First, your system now requires any professional submitting a quote to do so in a blind manner, not knowing what the actual cost of that quote will be beforehand. It is impossible to use a budget and submit quotes without having the cost before submitting it. Second, the costs of the quotes were raised by a laughable amount. Where before a quote cost me anywhere from $10-20, the last quote I submitted cost me over $60! Given that I am in competition with other professionals, it is not cost effective to use your company. Adding to that insult, I was unaware of what that cost would be until AFTER it was already charged. I am not surprised to see many other complaints about your new system, and should anticpate many more along with other professionals dropping your site.