Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted

Re: Getting charged for customers questions

I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t mind paying for business but not inquiries. There has to be a solution for this.
Abcdmusic
Level 2

Re: Getting charged for customers questions

I totally agree
0 Kudos
LaurenMc
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I would love for the customers to nicely be informed that if they contact us and have a conversation with us then don't hire us it costs us money. Maybe there could be a way to gauge how serious the customer is in their hiring proces...or how much authority they have to make the hiring decision.

Av8tress
Level 6

AGREED! I thought in the beginning they were vetting the clients. But they weren't. They left that for us to do and it's become too costly for all of us. Now, people are leaving or going back to sites like Fiverr, Facebook and alternative sites where they're not getting ripped off for such a small client list.

I would like Thumbtack to go back to the beginning when my bids were from $1.67 to $3.34. At least I got some clients but their system still needs a serious overhaul . . . again!

LBB Training - Microsoft Office Training for the Workplace

Abcdmusic
Level 2

Yes, yes and yes !!
0 Kudos

@Lauren...

I have now added a caveat to ANY quote I put out that says exactly that. I tell the customer that TT has undergone some dramatic and not so welcome changes in their pricing policies and that we Pros are getting charged TRIPLE what we wewre charged before to quote them on a job. I tell them that IF they don't think we would be a good fit, to let my quote :fly right by", as I will be charged if they make ANY  contact with me. A lot of potential clients don't know that we are charged for our quotes.

I have NO problem adding this into my quote and I think TT should TELL the client that the Pros are getting charged. INSTEAD, they keep sending suggestions to then to KEEP MESSAGING PROS..... they are ENCOURAGING the clients to contact us; EVERY contact is MONEY IN TT POCKET! 

I am beyond unhappy with TT at this point and their excuses make no sense. They don't care about the Pros at all... their TV ads and push are trying to get NEW Pros whi don't know the OLD system and will gladly use the new as a matter of consequence of the service.

Leigh Clifton

Studio656West

Studio656west@gmail.com

727-410-8559

Yes this is big to me they have no idea we are being charged do much or at all for their casual question !
Mjordan
Level 5

I am a very small company and sometimes I only get one class to teach CPR and first aid and I'll make $31 I can't afford $5 every couple of days to bid on jobs is there any way we can get a discount or charge me only when I get hired or something would really appreciate your help thank you
Marine51
Level 1

Thumbtack Fees

I love Thumbtack. I've been a user for about 4 years. I really don't have a lot of issues with Thumbtack. With that being said, it could certainly be improved. There was a time when Thumbtack fees were clear, precise, and most importantly, affordable. Now it seems like a guessing game and to charge around $50 to simply make contact with a potential client who is in the "kicking the tires" phase is a bit racy. But paying that amount if I know I've been hired is ok. 

I hadn't quite figured out how to post my badges yet. I just use a screenshot. Lol. 

Vyvyan
Level 4

Re: Pricing Suggestion

Please bring back the option to bid by an hourly rate.  There is no way I can accurately bid on a home improvement project without seeing the job first.  I prefer to work by the hour anyway.  This option used to be available but was removed.  I have not received ONE NEW JOB since this change was made.  This is costing me business, please help by restoring the hourly rate option!