Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Pricing Suggestion

We're seeing a lot of great suggestions on the "Let's talk about your profile"  thread. If you have suggestions that pertain more to pricing rather than a profile, please send them here. 

0 Kudos
184 responses
Coachruch
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Thanks for the forum. I think focusing on profiles is not primary place where most of us (me) have concerns. I have watched many iterations of the pricing component of Thumbtack and do not believe you have landed in a better place there where you were with pricing a year ago. Really need to see new discussion on pricing for bidding. Thats my take.
TatianaLi
Level 5

It would be great to pay for the actual HIRE.
Cause then we are paying to you for the clients “joy” just to talk to us...TT makes money on us for nothing, cause we get nothing back!
Separates the clients category, not by what level of job you are willing to do but the budget per person or whatever makes sense. Cause they are looking for a 5 start Pros to pay nothing back!
DannyPhung
Level 6

I like your idea. Pay per hire!!!
DrRonShapiro
Level 1

Hi,
Thank you for asking.  Rather than looking for profile Improvements I'm looking for a huge reduction in pricing for speakers.   I would gladly pay say 20% of income from event if I was guaranteed a booking.  I would pay not more than .5% to 1% of expected income for leads.  I realize that others do pay your current fees... so I really don't expect a change here.... 

DJElDeePrice
Level 2

Let's talk about the real elephant in the room. The fact that most of the prices for us to contact intrested parties is herenden's. And there are so many fake accounts that contact me and other service providers that it's making us really not want to be part of thumb tack. There has to be a way that you folks can come up with something that will help keep people that are contacting me from Africa trying to send me $50000 to get into the United States so that I can actually deal with people who need my services.

And I'm in Oklahoma City and it cost me around $25 to contact someone who says they're intrested in Tulsa. That's incredibly higher than most other service providing websites or wedding websites. It's ridiculous. I don't wanna feel like I'm wasting my time. We have to find a way to fix this. I've been a member for 4 years now.
John-Page
Level 5

My name is John and I'd really like to start doing busines with thumbtack again, but I will NOT until we know what the price of the bid is going to be BEFORE we make it.

My first bid under your new guidlines cost $38.00 for a job that would have paid $250.00 had I gotten it.  When I decided to jin your new biding plan I figured ok cool, probably be the same $5.00 to $10.00 per bid.

Now I have no idea how many others bid that same job with me, but I know of at least one the service that got the job and I am thinking they paid $38.00 too.

Home Advisor is starting to look good to me, I've done well with Thumvtack but I am not going to spend hard earned money on bid prices I don't know until after someone contacts me.

Patrick
Level 1

Thumbtack changes there format and design FAR too much. It seems like every time I log on here it’s sormthing new (not charging credits to charging per quote to only charging when clients contact you for example). This is one of many examples I can provide and it seems now you’re changing things again with what I can see is coming in this thread. Please find one that works soon and stick with it for some time-even three months would be a welcome change at this point. I’ll say that about 2-3 years ago I was getting clients left and right from you. The past couple years have been so down I’ve invested in other avenues over thumbtack and I believe the constant changes were a big part of that downturn.
DJGlennW
Level 5

It seems like Thumbtack changes it's structure far too often. Introduction letters switched to profiles. Five vendors max became 20 vendors. Pay per quote became pay only for the people who contact you, then switched back. All of this with no notice from the company. Every time I adapt to something, there's something new to deal with.

It would be great if Thumbtack could find an approach and stick with it.
Jodi
Level 6

Something that works for US too...we need jobs just to pay our TT invoices now. I dont know how they can justify these prices. Care.com charges A LOT less