Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
CM
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I feel the same way about the new bid process.  I don't like it and would rather use the previous style to interact.

Saundra
Level 4

I see the payment method addition already, thanks.

I'd like to see the service area better defined; I get requests from clients that are 2.5 hours away and they expect to pay the same amount as a client who is 30 mins away.

Just like you have add-ins for rehearsal or help with vows, maybe an add in for mileage or customer being out of the determined service area.

I'm in the wedding industry my comments might not be shared by others who are not.

Thanks for the opportunity to give input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rasman211
Level 5

I'm having problem with customers contact.. most of the time my money is charge to meet customer but I have never had direct contact or service offered to any one
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Hello @rasman211 it seems like there may be some confusion on how Thumbtack works. I took a look into your account and found that you have Instant Match on for your Outdoor Landscaping and Local Moving services and not the many others you have. This page and video have some great information about how things work, whether using Instant Match or not: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/cost-of-customer-contacts

If you still have questions feel free to reach out to our teams: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-to-contact-us. You can also feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to reply with some answers as soon as I can

0 Kudos

Pricing Suggestion

I just read the new pricing profile if I understand it correctly the contractors have to pay to respond you and I both know that at least 50% of the enquiries a frivolous people that have no intention of hiring anybody so if you expect me to pay to respond knowing full well that half of the ones I respond to automatically won't even be viable customers and then out of the remaining 50% I'll be competing for the job you're out of your mind the other way I only paid if the customer responded to me now it's totally geared towards the customer where do I invest in Thumbtack I rather take the $100 a week and invested in Thumbtack then give you $100 a week for nothing out of the question I get solicited by numerous other business services and I'm going to take my business elsewhere if I'm understanding this correctly I'm a top Pro and thumbtack work well in the beginning and it's deteriorated as time went on so whoever's in charge of reading these comments read mine and take it to heed because it's not going to work why don't I just take a stack of hundred dollar bills and throw them out the window have a nice day

Re: Pricing Suggestion

How about being able to set up a minimu price per job? I've gotten too many leads with outrageous expectations, like an editing job to be made in 1-2 hours or a music video production fow which the client was looking to pay about $500. In my case, if I'm getting charge anywhere from $10 to $30 per lead, then unless I can bill at least four hours, it's not worth it. I belive that if the client saw "starting price $x/hr" and then "minimum project cost $4x, or $150 or whatever number we each come up within our industry, we can help push out all the amateurs with unrealistic expectations. It also helps them get educated, if they can see a list of Pros not only with hourly rates, but also with minimum charges. 

On a side note, Thumbtack should change the naming. Us Pros are TT's customers, not the alleged Customers. This erroneus language is probably a symptom of how TT thinks about the people actually paying for their services.