Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ashlinsmom
Level 5

Re: Pricing Suggestion

Everyone is talking about pricing and not profiles..PLEASE listen to us!

grecks28
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Hello thank you for taking the time and care about your community.
I would like to say my main goal is to get clients i understand you need to make money but i want to make sure what iam paying gets me results...
I would like to be able to contact and be contacted paying only if they hire me so i dont feel i am just spending money with no results.

How about this idea?.....stop changing formats every 6 months on everything!!!....it's so frustrating I cut my use of Thumbtack way back...Now you can't even find the bid price until your charged....I gave up on tech support
DrJill
Level 6

I do NOT like having no clue what the price for a particular quote will be.  The prices varried before the instant match stuff came in but at least it was upfront!  Another problem I have with the pricing is that I get many many requests through Thumbtack that are NOT for things listed on my profile.  Like full body massage sessions -- I am a reflexologist NOT a massage therapist.  Like career life coaching sessions --- I ONLY do PTSD/Trauma stress management life coaching.  So with that said about the unknown pricing and the pig in a poke referrals I will NOT participate in the new instant match.  I am exploring other options to get the word out there  -- like with Thervo.com who appears to be more willing to work with me.  I used to get some appropriate referrals and many became clients, so thank you for that.  But, the new system only serves to pay Thumbtack while pooing on the service personell with unknown quote expenses and questionable referral needs.

Jesus1
Level 1

You do not care about the little man, you keep changing the rules on how we submit a bid.  You have caused us great financial hardship by taking money out of my wife's banking account by using her debt card with out permission,  Because of that reason, my wife's debit card is no longer available for me to use and we DO NOT DO CREDIT CARDS. YOU want money BEFORE we even get the job ,  THAT IS NOT RIGHT.  Because of the way you do your business practices you have caused trouble in my home.

Booher
Level 6

Pros should NOT have to pay for a potential client contacting a pro with a simple question. I was charged $40 by the step-mom of a soon to be bride about how many photographers I would have to cover her wedding. It's in my profile!!! Of course, TT could care less and will charge pros regardless!

I've turned off Instant Match and would encourage every Pro out there to do the same. When a job comes through I pass on it. I'm taken to TT where I'm asked to give a reason why. I choose the "Other" catergory and then type in the response, "TT needs to reduce the cost per quote for Pros AND tell us how much quotes are costing." (This only seems to work from my desktop computer.)

Pros should ONLY be charged when hired by a customer. When I talk to others about TT they are appalled to learn that Pros are charged regardless! Customers should be required to give a phone number and answer the questions in specific detail, namely the description caterogry. I also believe that customers should be charged some sort of fee for using TT. That might eliminate a lot of false leads!

Fix it TT and stop asking distracting questions about how to improve Profiles!

Bruce Booher

PJD3
Level 5

I totally agree with everything you just mentioned. Im so freaking aggrevated right now with this crap. Ive been on a tangent since being charged 100$ for nothing this week. Im tired of cutting my own throat just to cover these charges and still not getting any jobs.

PJD3
Level 5

Thumbtack needs to change how contractors are being charged for contacts.

I can understand being charged if you get hired by a contact but being charged just when messaged back is ridiculous. For example I paid 100$ last week for nothing. Only becuase these people reply “thanks” or “maybe” etc...and end up not using our services. service. Its very aggravating and needs to change. It need to be a flat single digit fee for reply’s with out being hired. After last week I’m am now being overly cautious and reluctant to even send any more bids out and honestly ready to just give up on this. I’m frustrated with the way I’m being charged especially for jobs that are hardly worth it.
StevenCee
Level 6

I've sent in many lengthy, well-thought out, and rational suggestions as to how to better improve the experience of TT,  relative to the pros and the customers, when one is seeking live music for their occassion, or venue, both in the questions asked of clients, & in pricing. 
Since ours is a business, where "how much do you charge for a party/wedding/reception" is never able to be answered without first asking a number of questions, we need to have certain factors known before being able to give an accurate quote. So paying upfront, before we know this essential information had become a crapshoot, since we can't ask them qualifying questions first. Now it's even more of one, since we don't even know what it will cost us to even find out more information! That is unacceptable, especially knowing how arbitrary and inconsistency past leads have been priced, and honestly, is like a slap in the face, as it is merely a doubling down on what was already a system that wasn't working very efficiently, by charging even more, and letting us know even less beforehand.

I've seen clubs & restaurants do this, something's not working right, or their business is declining, so instead of fixing anything, they raise the prices on the menu, and pay the bands less. Generally, this is a sign of that business about to go down. And I can see from other posts, that many people have raised concerns about this new higher-priced, mystery quoting policy, and that TT is not being very responsive. I'm afraid that what was a fairly good means of getting some gigs, will become just another avenue we've tried, but had to move on from. I know I've not responded to several leads that I would've jumped on, as they were right up my alley, but just as no client would hire a band without first knowing what they will charge, so too, no band is going to buy a lead without having a clue as to what it will cost. I wondered why I've begun noticing that even on good-sounding leads there was a consistent "0 pros have responded" on them. Now unless this is a trick by the TT people, it has to be sending them a message, this new system is not acceptable to many music professionals.

So I guess my suggestion is to back to more transparency as to the cost of leads, and better questions of clients, so that their needs are more clearly stated, so we can better know if we're a good fit, and what the quote should be.  I don't personally mind if more people are allowed to send someone quotes, if that meant a lowering of the individual price of the leads, let the customer have a real choice...

Highlighted
Dymund
Level 5

Chasing ghost customers

I am very distraught regarding how we are charged now based on when the customer contacts you, I have had over the last several months several cusrtomers that make contact but never respond to your response. I believe this is thumbtacks way to make money. Recently I had two customers that contacted me, one set up a call but never called, I messaged them and got no response, I find that extremly odd. I had actually stop sending quotes for months because of this same fact, the amount of money I have spent on thumbtact when a customer makes contact once is rediculas, many pros are spending money but not making any I think the only way a charge should be is if the pro is hired that is the only fair way. Thumbtack has become rich from charging because fake customers contact the pro