Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DPT
Level 6

Re: Your best profile ideas

As I agreed with other pros the quote fee I pay is fair and I am ok paying it when it generates a pying job that is.

However it seems as if some of the persons requesting a quote know it costs me money and waste my money on purpose.

I think the current system needs re-adjusting to make it more pro friendly while remaining customer friendly too.

I think a way to do that is to ask a customer if they are just window shopping and price shopping. If they answer yes then bring them to are areas where they can compare prices and view pro's profiles and then have a big button they can click when they are ready to commit to hiring.

DJVCQAMB
Level 4

Re: Your best profile ideas

We agree! There is a huge difference between $40 to book us and $40 for "What do I get with your services? ". It seems like there are some fake requests out there. Even after we state that we only quote on dates that we're available and we detail all of our services, we still get the Thumbtack pop-up questions "Are you available" and "What do we get..." . No problem answering for $3-5. No way I'm answering for $25-30.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Pricing Suggestion

Hi everyone, happy Friday! I have some good news for those of you who haven't seen Jason's post yet. All pros will now be able to see the cost of the contact before they decide to send a quote. I know it's taken some time, but know we couldn't have done it without your feedback so, thank you! I hope you're all excited about this. Give Jason's post a read and of course, if you have any feedback, let us know Smiley Happy 

DJVCQAMB
Level 4

Ok. We can confirm that the quote prices have indeed increased over 500% before we respond. Great. Thanks.
ashlinsmom
Level 5

I have read HUNDREDS of comments about this new pricing that THumbtack has decided to charge for quotes, and i see that our comments are not being listened to..I therefore will NOT be quoting anyone for any jobs from this day forward until they go back to the way it use to be. It is NOT worth $10 or more or whatever they choose just for someone to "contact" me which does NOT guarantee me the job! It is way too expensive and not worth it to me! I am so disappointed that THUMBTACK has gotten greedy and as a result will lose me as a "pro" of different types of jobs that i perform.

New Pricing structure is not sustainable

This system has too many flaws to be sustainable...ANY communication triggers a fee, PLUS your formula for the charge seems so random and without merit, one charge is $36, the next is $46 for what seems to be very similar in almost every way.

I am already a preferred member of GigSalad and will just go back to GigMasters instead of using a service that I can't depend on fair pricing, I just don't understand why you would create a system that is so uncertain for the vendors. 

Plus I haven't even gotten to the price fixing issue. You compute the average fees of my work (DJ) and supposedly base my fee on that average, BUT I provide basic service and usually am the lowest fee of any DJ as I don't do huge sound or lights, but I'm still charged as if I'm one of the big boys, which I'm not. So now, if I don't charge what others charge, the fee you charge me is approaching 12-14% of the total???

I'm done. Robert

Tmhiller
Level 1

Re: New Pricing structure is not sustainable

Could not agree more. Plus I've been here a couple years now and this rate hike is way overboard. Completely eliminates smaller contractors. What a shame...$75 to have a conversation about a project that even if your selected could not be a good fit til you see the project..I'm certain even large contractors will get tired of that or just not use you anymore. Get your tech guys to develop your platform to where the charge s applied to only the contractor selected.. If the customer doesn't select anyone there's no charge.....

DannyPhung
Level 6

Pay per hire! !!! I wouldn't want to pay for a question like "what is your next availability "I love to chat"..
paschulea
Level 5

Re: Has anyone been contacted by HomeGuide, a copycat of thumbtack?

I have personally been very disappointed with pricing changes and being forced to let them submit my bids if I want priority. I’ve been a top pro for several years but have now done only about 1/3 of my prior level of business . Each job I bid has a variety of factors that I need to control.
I’ve complained but don’t feel they are listening
Jstud
Level 5

Re: Has anyone been contacted by HomeGuide, a copycat of thumbtack?

Every single thread here is talking about TT horrible business practices... and the fees they charge us pros... every single thread states they are working on it for the past 3 months.   Yet nothing... 

Yes, I got contacted by HomeGuide and will be signing up with them as TT business practice of charging people just to ask me if I take CC when it is clearly posted on my profile and then not a peep back is crazy.