Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Av8tress
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I AGREE! Now, we don't have to pay upfront for the initial contact.

I was finally able to recommend a book to someone without having to pay for it. In the past, I wouldn't answer. I would just let the question/situation go because I would get charged for helping someone. That's awful & it's the one thing I hate the most about Thumbtack.

If you're lost in a city and you ask for help, should you be charged for that contact??? NO! But Thumbtack has other ideas. I think it's just a matter of time for someone to create another, better, more efficient Thumbtack because clearly, there are problems and people are fed up with how the ratio of money mostly goes to the Thumbtack and not the companies bidding on the jobs.

0 Kudos
Ralpholson
Level 2

Your pricing and weekly budget idea sucks. You guys need to quit changing stuff around all the time. I used to promote thumbtack. But I hate the new changes.
Convoswcarla
Level 4

Look, this is an amazing idea that can be lucrative for many entrepreneurs all over the world. I must say I joined maybe 6 months ago by referral. This person spent an hour sharing his experience with this service. I was hooked, I told him about my mission and he HIGHLY recommended my business would be a great match for public speaking gigs. Welp... 6 months in I think🤔 and I became a bit desperate for some type of business leads. So I started accepting life coaching gigs. Well to my surprise 🙌🏽🙌🏽 I finally got a hit!!! I was so excited....until the customer decided to stop communicating with me. With the one hit, I will be charged $75 ,noshow from client and I made 🤷🏾‍♀️zero dollars. By the way, I charged the customer a $50 hourly fee, however, this service charges me $75 just for the initial contact.....it just doesn’t make any logical sense. Unless I’m doing something wrong. What about charging a monthly services fee. I’m a newbie in my area and my funds are tight, until I create consistent income.

I would love for it to not cost me $7 to send a quote and $21 to send a message... that's ridiculous. And a major reason I don't rely on thumbtack
DrJill
Level 6

I like being able to check on the individual to see if what they want is within my professional expertise BEFORE I send a quote.  So NO to instant match as TT frequently gets it wrong about what I do.  ALSO I will NOT set a weekly budget for $185 for PTSD/Trauma Life Coaching -- this is way more than what I charge for a session!  Let's get real TT we are looking to make money, find clients NOT just put money into your pocket!

Bighits824
Level 2

I have the same issue that some other pros have. The cost to qoute Request are way too high , and you don't know how much you're spending until you send qoute. I've been doing a survey with customers they do not know it cost the pros money to send them a qoute they think it's free just like it is for them. In the past 2 weeks I've sent over a dozen request and 3/4 of them never even responded the ones that did just wanted info and an idea on what it'll cost to do their project and weren't serious inquiries in the 1st place they just wanted info. So I spent over $300 on absolutely nothing. As far as profile it is OK the only thing is that customers should be directed right away to profile so they see who I am and what I'm about a 100% of The Times customers are just viewing the qoute and not even looking at profile.
Coachruch
Level 5

Pricing is the only issue that needs to be addressed. It rises to the top of the list. If thumbtack is not careful they are going to price themselves right out of the business. $35.00 for a possible client, $50 for a possible client. My weekly budget of $85 is gone!!
adetor
Level 3

I agree I think it is entirely out of hand!

Bighits824
Level 2

I have the same issue that some other pros. Have. Cost is to high to bid on each job dont know what ur paying until u send qoute. I've been doing a Survey The customers do not know that it cost $$ for the pros. To qoute there request they think it's free like it is for them. In the past 2 weeks I sent over 2x dozen qoute & 3/4 never responded & the ones that did just wanted info. An idea On how much it will cost to do there project. & weren't serious inquiries on doing project. so I spent over $300 on customer that weren't serious on do there project in the 1st place. As far as profile it seems good but customer should b able to get directed right away to profile so they know who & what I'm about. 100% of the customer just view qoute & dont even look @ profile.
Laurenharp
Level 2

I would like to know how much the cost of the bid will be before I take the lead. I always have to rush to see how much I was charged after someone responds and I would like to know what to expect.