Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Betterdeals
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I like so many others on there I'm doing the same thing I am not using thumbtack because their prices are ridiculous I paid $75 to talk to a guy about redoing a bathroom that five or $600 job their prices one extreme even Angie's List is cheaper and you know what you're paying for ahead of time
Mickamania
Level 4

That's exactly the problem I don't like with the new policy of setting a weekly amout but have no idea how much each bid is. I for one will not bid on anything at ALL until they put the bid amounts back on here.

Crooner
Level 5

I agree 100% with micamania. Not knowing how much a bid will cost me is like a menu in a restaurant with no prices.

I brought up the idea of fraud as well when they charged me $70.00 for a contact that used to be clearly listed for between $18.00-$21.00...can't find price to bid now!!...tech didn't like it
Coolrunning
Level 5

I don’t like it and it’s not fair thumbtack doesn’t post the price of each job per the new guidelines. Has to change.
I wish I could post more photos of portfolio
cony
Level 1

I need to know exactly how much the bid is going to be,, you are charging 28.00 and I am charging 65.00 for the job!! Doesn't make sense. Please charge based on what we are charging, a reasonable amount, s owe can both benefit from the thumbtack.

ilanaviolin
Level 4

I'm quite happy with the way the profile looks, but am very unhappy with the new pricing structure, to the point where I'm considering discontinuing my use of this site. I have no idea how the fees are determined, but I don't know in advance how much TT will take from my earnings, which has caused me to actually lose money on a few recent bids, since I'm really not in an industry with high return.

So how about instead of changing things around with the profile, you go back to the old quote structure, which it seems to me was FAR cheaper for professionals in my field.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm really disappointed with these recent developments and I've been a loyal and successful TT customer for years now.

Michaaelrgs
Level 4

Put back how much cost for respont to the costumer!! I dont know how much you guys gonna charge for!
Dave1027
Level 1

I agree with John. I refuse to bid on any jobs without knowing what the cost is. Would you want me coming to your home and do a job without knowing the cost of my service? Of course not. So why would I want to bid on a job not knowing my cost? I have to factor that into my price.
SilverDeed
Level 5

Go back to the original platform. THAT'S how to improve your services all around. Stop overcharging your pros for bids. Gaining a "contact" does nothing for a pro that relies on many different clients that are normally using thumbtack as a onetime resource.