results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
GrampysMagic
Level 7

Re: Pricing and Lead Process

I have had many posts deleted when ever they were deemed negative towards TT.  Such as venting about this new system...

Polkahauntus
Level 4

How about splitting the cost of the "lead" with the customer?

In the past four months, I have spent close to $150. on leads that got me two $175. officiating jobs.  I get supposed "leads" that tell me "I'm the only one the customer reached out to" so I bet on the fact that they've already reviewed my pricing, read my reviews and/or looked at my work.   (I advertise photography as well as officiating)  I paid $38.00 to bid on such a photography job....after I sent my payment, I heard nothing from the customer.  I reached out twice.  Nothing.  As for officiating wedding ceremonies...I've responded to several potential customers who reached out and heard back from them, planned a date to meet, only to be told days later that someone in their family was going to perform the ceremony or something similar.  Maybe if Thumbtack had the clients split the cost of the mutual "lead" as Airbnb does between guest and host, all of us "pros" using the site would be happier and it would cause the potential clients to pause before reaching out to us and then not keeping their end of the bargain.  Frankly, I'm getting ready to quit Thumbtack altogether.  It's getting ridiculously expensive and I'm getting more leads by word of mouth than I am on this site. 

HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Pricing and Lead Process -- There is no way to know the cost!

53f799be1c5b9c5deeae62faba26e9b0.png

1) I get a Promoted lead that basically said I had paid for it already.

2) Before I reply and accept the lead I though I better know how much I have paid, right?

3) I LOOKED EVERYWHERE!

4) I went to Live Chat to find out how much I have already paid.

5) The support person said I should look in the Jobs Tab.

6) I believe the live chat support person needs to be retrained.

7) After several minutes, I have now likely lost all chance of getting that job, but I replied anyway. 10 minutes too late! The customer's thumb just won, and I lost out.

Using Thumbtack is becoming WAY too disfunctional.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC I'm really sorry to hear that you were not able to get more clear answers around this when you wrote in through chat. Anytime you have a promoted lead come through with an automatic charge you will be able to see how much it cost in your Payments page HERE

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I've also had issues with on line chat reps. They aren't on the "same page" as you, @Meckell , @DustiO. Which is why we spend alot of time confronting the Moderators with questions, concerns, etc.

As for the payments as @HansenJC mentioned, I feel that we shouldn't be surprised. As I've repeated in many threads, we need to see those lead costs ahead of time and not be surprised. Would you like to grocery shop and not see the prices on the shelves, then be surprised when you get to the checkout counter?  If the Pros have to put the prices out there for Job Posters to see, it also should be the same for the lead costs. If a Job Poster selects a Pro(even with conversation starter) send the lead cost, customer and event info to us first, then when we click accept, you can charge us.

DJ Stevie 5-28-2019

HansenJC
Level 10

@Kameron That was not true in this case. I looked in the payments and it was not posted there. You and Thumbtack need to actually test this and watch for yourselves what happens. Also, please brush up on your english verb tenses. When you say I have already paid.... I take that as past tense. Well how can I accept or reject that lead? Paid is the past tense of "do you wish to pay?" Or "you will pay when you accept this lead" or "pay now by accepting this lead". PLEASE get your verbs straight. If I have already paid for this lead I should be able to look it up in payments. NOPE! It was not there. And if I must pay when I accept that lead, I want to know where I will find that cost.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

This is not working. The following is what I saw just a few minutes ago. A lead that almost sounded like it was one I wanted. Before I Accept.pngThe Lead - before I accept.

Then, before I accepted that lead, I went to my payment screen to see what "I had paid". The most recent information was for May 24. There was no information about today, May 28th.

Before I Accept 2.pngMy "Payments Screen before I accept.

So, I accpted the lead and then I checked again. I just paid for 2 Leads. Yes, that is what it says, right? Which two leads were they? I only accepted one lead. And the amount is wrong. This amount is the NET after using a remaining credit of $2.97. Please ask the Thumbtack management to work with the programing staff to get this fixed.

After I accept - Paid Two Leads.pngAfter I accept.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Some of my leads are $75.00
75.00!!!

That is crazy.

This site is not offering me a good enough connection with an interested client to gamble $75.00

With all the recent chnage sI'm less inclined to bet the 10 or 15$ I used to bet on myself before.

I've declined the last 20+ leads sent to me.

The application is beinging to be just a distraction and tease.

HansenJC
Level 10

@KameronWe need to know the cost BEFORE we accept the lead.

And after we accpt the lead I would like to know the CORRECT NUMBER of leads that I paid for along with the EXACT (CORRECT) amount that I was charged for that lead.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC

Exactly!! Seeing the cost of the lead before we accept it is what I said earlier in this thread, and it has been one of my suggestions (repeated many times to @Meckell , @Kameron @DustiO  and others) for over 6 months now!!
Hopefully they(higher ups) will hear us and do something this time.

DJ Stevie 5-28-2019

0 Kudos