results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Meckell

Re: Charged for leads

@Djral we want to make sure you understand when and what you're charged for. Be sure to check out this video for more clarification. If after watching that you still have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

0 Kudos
Revcdgood
Level 1

Payment on account

I seem to be paying too much for leads, for jobs that I am not getting.  When I try to use the chat line, IT WILL NOT WORK, and they won’t list a phone number to talk to anybody.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Payment on account

@Revcdgood I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems getting support through our chat.

Meckell and I are also here to help through the Community in any way that we can. Is your main concern with the prices you're paying per lead? Or would you be more comfortable with the prices you've been paying if you were to be hired more frequently?

If you'd like to speak with our staff over the phone you can contact us at 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm MST. 

0 Kudos
CC33
Level 6

[blank title]

Since I started using Thumbtack's Promote feature, I'm having a hard time trying to understand why I'm being billed in advance for what Thumbtack considers an "exact match" when the customer lives 3 or more states away, and specifically says that they are "willing to travel up to 25 miles"? It's obvious through my experience in corresponding with these people that they want to do business locally and in there area only. Either Thumbtack needs to change their algorhythm by factoring the customer's geographical preferences into their equation, or allow the Pro to have their money refunded immediately via clicking on the "Will not Accept" button. To be billed for what essentially is a "NO SALE" in my book has me seriously considering shutting down the Promote feature altogether... as the money I'd save = more than any money I've earned since turning Promote on.

Moderator Meckell

Re: [blank title]

@CC33 if a customers job details match your preferences, it will be considered an exact match. I do want to look into what you're referring to and get a better idea of what's going on to see what we can do to help! Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer who is three states away but then states they're willing to travel up to 25 miles? 

0 Kudos
CC33
Level 6

Geographical preferences are obviously stated up front with people who state their willingness to drive up to 25 miles to a Provider, which should automatically disqualify them from being classified as "exact matches". TT should leave it up to the Pros to decide who is or who isn't an exact match - as I've also had many window shoppers, plus an assortment of weird requests for services that I do not render that TT considered 'exact matches' and billed me for based on their broad criterion, without any consultation with me.

TT billed me for the following people, who they claim are "exact matches". Even though all of them said they are willing to travel up to 25 miles to have their jobs done (locally), I had no other choice but to respond since TT was being billing me for them anyway. In every instance NOT ONE of these people returned my reply to their inquiry:

Drizzy D. Nashville, TN

Sally A. Dickinson, TX

Alex C. Tucson, AZ

Roopali S. Fremont, CA

Tracy S.

Sudbury, MA

Chris J. Lake Mary, FL

Allen R. Tarrytown, NY

Robert R.

Santa Monica, CA

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@CC33 I looked into all of these and can confirm that you weren't charged for any of these jobs because the customers did not respond to your quotes. You can see this by going to the payments section of your account. None of these jobs were exact matches, they were jobs in the Jobs tab in which you sent a quote to. Keep in mind that jobs in the Jobs tab won't always match your preferences. You have the option to quote on these jobs, but by no means have to. If a job is too far away, go ahead and just pass on it. 

I recommend checking out this article with more info on the Jobs tab and watching this video with more info on when you're charged. 
If you have any other questions, please let me know! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CC33
Level 6

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong tab. I do believe the following were designated "exact matches" which I responded to but never heard from:

Karen, Clarksville, TN

Thomas, Berkeley Hts., NJ

Alicia, Bronx, NY

Cathyl, Sabina, OH

Krystalle , Tempw, AZ

Tara , White Lake, MI

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi there @CC33! I checked into these names and am happy to give you clarification. 

Thomas and Alicia were indeed exact matches. They stated that they were willing to travel up to 25 miles to the pro and their location is 25 miles away from you. 

Tara and Cathy were not exact matches. If you go into your quote messages between you and them you'll see the message "You’re not targeting jobs like this, so double check if it’s a good fit." You get this same message once you get the lead and have the option to accept or decline the job. Since it's out of your preferences, you will not get charged to decline. 

Krystalle and Karen are in other states, however, they listed in their requests that they would like to work with the pro over phone or internet. In your profile, you have the option selected that you work remotely (phone or internet) for Video Transfer Services. 

We understand that it's frustrating when customers reach out to you initially showing interest, but you then don't get back to you. This is something we're actively taking feedback on! This post has a lot of great advice on how to deal with the customers that ghost you. Be sure to check it out! 

0 Kudos
CC33
Level 6

Thanks for the clarification. I will try to further familiarize myself with all the ground rules.

But as you say, it is easy to get frustrated having to pay for a lead, take the time and thought to customize a response,

then not even receive the courtesy of a 'thank you anyway' type of acknowledgement from the person.

0 Kudos