Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Moderator Meckell

Re: [blank title]

Hi there @CC33! I checked into these names and am happy to give you clarification. 

Thomas and Alicia were indeed exact matches. They stated that they were willing to travel up to 25 miles to the pro and their location is 25 miles away from you. 

Tara and Cathy were not exact matches. If you go into your quote messages between you and them you'll see the message "You’re not targeting jobs like this, so double check if it’s a good fit." You get this same message once you get the lead and have the option to accept or decline the job. Since it's out of your preferences, you will not get charged to decline. 

Krystalle and Karen are in other states, however, they listed in their requests that they would like to work with the pro over phone or internet. In your profile, you have the option selected that you work remotely (phone or internet) for Video Transfer Services. 

We understand that it's frustrating when customers reach out to you initially showing interest, but you then don't get back to you. This is something we're actively taking feedback on! This post has a lot of great advice on how to deal with the customers that ghost you. Be sure to check it out! 

0 Kudos
CC33
Active Community Member

Re: [blank title]

Thanks for the clarification. I will try to further familiarize myself with all the ground rules.

But as you say, it is easy to get frustrated having to pay for a lead, take the time and thought to customize a response,

then not even receive the courtesy of a 'thank you anyway' type of acknowledgement from the person.

0 Kudos
nsady
Community Newcomer

Clarify what the minimum fee covers would solve some anymous between user and pro.

Since some reviews are left hanging both overstating the experience with pros and understated or negative comments are a concern some clarity of what is or isn't covered by a minimum fee would go far in resolving issues before they happen.  Some may not realize that using the introduction fee as leverage to overprice other efforts work against the system.  Just as negative reviews leave bad or unneeded stress, businesses that can make use of this strategy and undermine trust, works against this system.  Some companies will disrupt the even exchange of money and services more easily then others....ac(.).  So far as reviews that aren't changed or removed this is true of good reviews where the customer has experienced less fondness then the luck set forth at the start of the work relationship.  So maybe we all need to step back from the heavily praised statements, whether for or against.  Mostly, the starkness of the minimum fee is plain, but not  as readily seen by the customer.  Thx.

0 Kudos
Earlbird
Community Regular

Lead prices.

I have not used Thumbtack since the 300% or more increase in the lead costs. I am now getting people wanting to hire me, and I refuse to pay these OUTRAGEOUS costs. I have seen leads cost up to $75.00 WHY??? Thumbtack has lost my business until these prices return to the original price. Leads used to be from $3.45- $21.00 and I thought that was high. I used to love the app and the buisiness was great. But, I can get jobs other ways.
sd-design
Community Regular

new thumbtack

The new Thumbtack!!!! now pay for leads that match your profile whether or not you are contacted. ARE YOU KIDDING? It seems like the longer I have been w/ thumbtack, the more they try to get my money (increases in cost per bid, this new policy, and the way the promote system (because i opt out of it) is clogging my e-mail w/ jobs 150 miles from home and almost none local. 

Anybody else experiencing or bothered by this stuff?

cgema
Active Community Member

Re: new thumbtack

I would hope that’s not true
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@sd-design it sounds like there may be some confusion. If you're promoting your services and the customer's job matches your preferences, you're not charged until the customer reaches out to you. If you quote on a job through the Jobs tab, you aren't charged until a customer responds. Check out this video to learn more and reach out if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
sd-design
Community Regular

true. too bad the folks running the chat help service can't communicate this clearly

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

Re: New Thumbtack - Targeting should give us their Phone # for the price of automatically Paying TT

I did the unthinkable and turned on Targeting (Promote) as a GRAND EXPERIMENT. For the price of admission I feel we should be given the phone number of the person who cost us that $$$.  But instead, I do not even see what the costomer sees. I paid TT for ??something?? and have no idea what i paid TT to do for me.

@MeckellFor the price of Targeting, we should automatically recieve the phone number of the Job Poster. If they know they will get a call from me, they just may think twice when they ask for my availablility. If they want secrecy and anonymity, give it to them in the form of No phone number.....NO CHARGE..... Give them nothing.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

Re: New Thumbtack - Targeting should give us their Phone # for the price of automatically Paying TT

@HansenJC You are 100% right. Anyone who is sincere and honest in their search for a pro WANTS to be contacted directly. They prefer no middleman. Anyone who is not eager to give their phone number and/or email is not looking for us.