Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Kevin1211
Level 4

Pricing

I have seen the price for a lead double and triple in the past year. It started out 3 credits ($10) now it’s $27.50 for the same lead and you don’t get the job or your money back. NOT FARE THUMBTACK

Occupations (1)
83 responses

Re: Pricing

It's absolutely absurd I use multiple platforms to promote my business Angie's List ,HomeAdvisor ,home guide and thumbtacts and this is the only one who charges you when you get these lame duck automated click replys...and then wont refund when these people never respond again...
Km1
Level 5

Thank you! I am glad I am not the only one fed up with getting charged for clicks. I don’t mind paying for leads but come on, 15 out of 15 that don’t even read my response to them? Who is generating these clicks? Could people be hiring people to generate fake leads just to get out $?

@Kevin1211 you're correct that prices have changed, however, so has what you pay for when compared to the days that we had the credits. Back then you had to pay to send a quote to any customer whether they responded or not. Now you pay only when the customer chooses to make contact with you which has proven to be worth more. Keeping this in mind, is there a price range for your category that you feel would be more fair?

you show custumers 15-20 contractors and they click auto reply on us all...so thumbtacts is making almost 1000$ per client on a 60$ request its absurd thats what is going on..im not the only one i have been talking to multiple contrators and we all arein same boat....you guys are lossing your pros in bucket full and geting them back in drops...this needs to change, i loved this service then outa nowhere it when to crap it is only benifitting TT not its pros.. PLZ HELP US

Ramlo
Level 4

Yea, but a contact from a customer does not mean you get the job. Sometimes the reply is that they hired a contractor already, so its money down the drain. I would not mind the cost if I get the job.
MR
Level 11

@Kameron The issue with this response is that the more pros a potential lead can choose, the more the value of the lead is diluted. This dilution factor happens very quickly! Most lead generation services in my field do charge between $25-$50 per lead, however they are exclusive or near exclusive leads. At most, the potential client can only choose up to 3 pros... not 10 or 15. So, to keep your pricing where it is you have to have a model that limits the number of choices a potential client can make OR significantly reduce your pricing.

Your methodology is of great beneifit to you - but actually hurts both the pro (your client) and the potential customer.

RuffHDT
Level 6

@Kameron I just reached out to Marco pertaining to this. In the old days, yes, we had to pay to send out a quote. In the present time, we are practically FORCED to pay for someone who may be just as interested today as they were 3 years ago. It may be a little more user friendly for the potential client, but makes no sense on our side. People sometimes do not know what they want. Example, they can choose everything that fits my criteria perfectly, but when they write in the notes, they want something completely different which is frustrating because I've lost money because the people DO NOT know what they want. If we don't respond, we get no money back. It just doesn't seem fair. If you'd like, we can have a conference call with several of the pros who've been with you guys for years and come out with a hybrid for pricing. It wasn't the greatest to have to pay for someone who didn't reply, but it was MUCH cheaper and it's almost the same thing now, where we are paying when they click the automated response and whether we want to work with the people or not, we are having to pay with NO CHANCE of receiving a refund for the quote price. How have you determined that the client choosing to reach out to the pros is worth more? I have over 160-5 star reviews, whether I was "promoted" or not, I'm sure people would reach out to me, but as I said, they are just as "serious" about working with someone, anyone, as they were when I paid $1.67 per credit. I'm interested in reading your response. Take care!

nimblejack99
Level 5

Pricing

Terms of agreement too complex, I'd like to partcipate but I'd need a new york lawyer to understand the terms of agreement. Why make is so difficult?

nimblejack99
Level 5

How do i get started -bidding on a photography job ? Make it simple