Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Moderator Meckell

Re: Avoiding Issues With Promote

@djashraf are these leads coming in through your Jobs tab or are they customers reaching out to you directly? Can you share a few examples? I'm happy to look into this for you and help you get the leads that you do want. 

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 5

Thanks for the informations. I have a question: Doesnt blocking out your calendar mean you're not listed on Promote?
Best,
MMM

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

MMM_Memories, blocking out your Calendat does not remove you from Searches.

Test it out for yourself.

Block out all of next week on your Calendar.

Login to TT as a Customer and do a Search for your service in your area and speficy a date which is one of the dates you blocked off.

You will still listed in Search. Your Profile can still be viewed. The 'Message' 'Check your Availability', 'Request a Call' buttons on your Profile are still accessible.

Regards,
Lar  

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 5

Thanks Lar!
I'll try it out. I hope that changes things. But blocking dates out, is a a chore too, Smiley Sad
Thanks again,
MMM

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

MMM, took me about 15 minutes to block out every date for the next 2 years. I'm pretty sure that those 15 minutes will save me money over the next two years.

MMM_Memories
Level 5

Yes, that’s certainly worth it.
Thanks again Lar!
MMM
0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

That is correct MMM. The lead request will end up in your Inbox as per usual. You won't be automatically charged. You will have the option to either 'Accept' or 'Decline' the lead. You will see how much you will be charged if you choose to 'Accept' the lead. If you 'Decline' the lead you will not be charged and the end-user will be notified that you Declined their request.

Cheers,
Lar.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Lar thank you for answering @MMM_Memories questions! 

0 Kudos

Pricing and leads from 150 miles away!

Thumbtack decision makers better read these and learn that the original model worked for the pros.  Changing it to this model is not working for so many of us! I told customer support today that I am about ready to shut Thumbtack off after telling me that the leads from 150 miles away will still come to me unless I "promote" my service and pay for every customer that contacts me. Very few customers lately even appear to be real.  They don't even answer with a "no". It makes me wonder if they are plants. I looked up Thumbtack's reputation today using various Google searches and guys, you're going downhill fast! Better do something soon! I've been with Thumbtack since the beginning, I think it's 3 or 4 years now. The last year has been bad! George Whittaker 484.948.6696

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Re: Pricing and leads from 150 miles away!

. Agreed. There have been numerous complaints of this nature or of similar nature on these boards and on the internet as well. I have suggested that the leadership team from TT perhaps do an online town hall or respond on these boards whether this is the model that they are sticking with or if they are open to material changes. My suggestion has so far gone with no response.
I concur with your concerns. I really liked TT. And was not shy about telling my collegues about it. But now the story is very different. My fingers remain crossed that we will eventually see changes that are steps forward for all involved parties.
0 Kudos