results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Rjc
Level 6

Questionable leads

Finally got a lead in my price range!!! Yay!! Client contacted me- we wrote back and forth, spoke by phone for 40 minutes going over part details, wrote up a menu and pricing- sent. Felt much better about TT and this job lead. Then, no response - sent a few follow-ups- nada. Finally client says- sorry we didnt want tobspend this much money. I write back , thats fine though I came in under the price you specified. Why would you check off a price point that was out of your budget?
Client replied that they did not check off any price especially not the price that was sent to me for the quote! I would like my money back and not just a credit because how can I trust that this hasnt happened before and wont happen again? I stopped “promote” because this really concerns me. How can I get my money back? If I cannot then how can you justify that? Moving forward, how can I trust TT? Now that I am not using promote, the leads I get are either out of my travel range or way way below my pricing.
Occupations (1)
States
16 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Questionable leads

@Rjc it's disappointing to hear when a customer decides to go another route with their project. Based on the information you've shared here this wouldn't be a contact that's refundable based on our refund policy. However, if you have additional information that you'd like to share I could certainly take a look for you if you'd like to message me directly with the customer's name. You can also apply for a refund through the site in our new refund experience mentioned HERE.  It can be discouraging when you get a contact, feel good about the direction your conversations go with a customer, to then not close the job. The ones that you do win though are the reason that pros continue to use Thumbtack and are what make tough losses like these worth it in the end. 

0 Kudos
Rjc
Level 6

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my post- the client did not choose another route- the client never chose my route to begin with! I have her emails stating that. Do it was an illegitimate lead from the start. I am hoping that was accidental on your end. The least you can do is refund me the cost of the lead. Paying me for time lost would be appropriate as well . I am happy to forward my email exchanges with the client.
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for the clarification @Rjc. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer and screenshots of the communication? Once I get that, I'm happy to take a look into this! 

0 Kudos
Rjc
Level 6

How do I send you a PM?
0 Kudos
Rjc
Level 6

How do I send a PM?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Rjc Just go to my profile here and select direct message. 

0 Kudos
Rjc
Level 6

After spending all day with private messages and a phone call with support, once again I feel cheated by the TT system. It would be helpful if there was a way to attach photos to the private messages and equally helpful to not have to repeat your situation to every person you are handed off to.
I also would like the opportunity to actually speak to the supervisor that makes the final determination instead of having to take the word of the person answering the phone. He doesnt know how to present my case- only I can do that- bottom line-
If a customer makes a mistake on their form and you are matched - TT will not refund your money even though it was not a proper match and you wasted not only time but money!

If I buy a certain product and the seller sends the wrong product , I usually dont have a problem getting my money back! I sent proof that the customer did not intend to pay my pricing and either TT added the pricing or the customer made a mistake- I sent the email exchanges between us but that didnt matter. 

Moderator Meckell

Hi @Rjc. I understand where your frustration is coming from and I was able to take a closer look into your situation. I sent you a private message with more info, please look that over when you get the chance. I'm happy we were able to get this taken care of for you! 

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Meckell @Kameron 

This seems to be a recurring theme.. and the responses are just as recurring..."I understand your frustration", "It can be frustrating when".....

It's great when we know that we are being understood and receiving sympathy... but let's keep it constructive.  Sympathy is not what we are looking for..  We would just like to know why we are being charged for leads that are not responding.... That's a simple, constructive, relevant question that we all would like to have an answer for....