Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TheLast10SF
Level 6

Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?

Is there a way to see how much I will pay for a quote *if* the customer responds? 

Occupations (1)
States
15 responses

Re: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?

Nope. That has been one of the loudest objections to Instant Match. Free quoting was supposed to open you up to quote on everything that comes your way. The reality though is that it's made me and others mostly gun shy because you might get charged $50 for somebody to ask if you're available and never respond to a nother message again.

Moderator Kameron

Great question @TheLast10SF.

We just started showing prices up front for some pros to see before they decide to send a quote. We’re working hard to make this available for all pros. Stay tuned as we’re working hard to make this change happen site-wide.

In the meantime, your budget tool is a great way to control your weekly spending for each service. To see the average and highest cost of a contact in that category check the “How much do I pay?”  on the same budget page on under the QA section. In your Handyman category, you’ll see that a typical customer contact costs around $8, and a contact will never cost more than $14.

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 6

Thanks Kameron, showing the quote response prices in context is great. I understand the information is on the budget tool but having it upfront will make it a lot easier to decide whether to send a quote (or not). 

The other improvement is based on real customer readiness. In this last case, the customer said they had plans and were ready to go, but after talking with the customer they were clearly not ready to go with the project. In every business, the value of a lead goes up as they get more qualified. Is TT doing anything to address this issue?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@TheLast10SF Obtaining more information from customers up front is something we’re definitely working on along with ways to help pros see more hires. Any feedback you have on this and how you think we can improve is greatly appreciated. Let our teams know here:  https://help.thumbtack.com/suggestions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
marcwkohler
Level 5

I think we can conclude that Thumtack no longer needs vendors who charge as little as we face painters.  I charge $100-150 for party gigs, and that is not enough money to cover the $15-20 cost of getting a reposnse from a customer.  I have given up quoting, and pass on anything that is local, and then, too, I have no gotten even one booking in months.  I have no idea what is going on. I thought one time that people came to Thumbtack to see what pros charged, so they could hire someone local for less.  So, it really does not matter what the fee for quoting is, because it is just too large for vendors like me.  That is really the point.  My guess is that vendors who charge substanitally more for thier services, the quoting fees are negligible.  I now pass on evey request, and I am hping that they arrange the fees can be lowered for us.  If not, I will sign up for the Gigmasters $99 special for three months.  i find that Gigsalad, too, has problems since they do not get enough inforamtion about the gig to make reasonable quotes.

Beetle2015
Level 1

Pricing

The old system was bad, but the new system you are not sure if you will get anyone and how much you will pay. First of all when we bid on a supposed client there can be up to 5 pros bidding, so thumbtack could be getting paid 5 times for one client that none of us possibly gets as a client. We are the professionals, where do go in life that you pay for something you don't get, this is a scam. The policy should read like this, thumbtack you get clients for us then we will gladly pay our share. No clients, no money for you. The process is too time consuming and clients are going with the cheapest bid, if at all. enough said, good luck your not getting my money.

EQI
Level 5

confused about when I get charged.

New to Thumbtack. Read all the info on the set up- one min it states 

You only pay the first time a customer contacts you about a job ( sounds like to me when they send in a request the first time for you to send a bid even though their job is vague of what they sound like what they are wanting.- 

Thumbtack- states on the set up the following-
WHAT COUNTS AS A CONTACT?

You're only charged the first time a customer sends you a message,calls you, schedule an appointment, or hires you right way. And you'll never pay if the first contact is a ( no thanks)
Once an interested customer contacts you, it is up to you to win the job, 
( IS IT WHEN THEY FIRST MESSAGE YOU BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN BEEN ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE SCOPE OF WORK SINCE SOME OF IT IS VAGUE- 
I started setting this up and figured out I did not know how to set up one night and the next morning- I had 50 to 75 request for bids. - If, this charges for them just sending me a message for 50 to 60 dollars for each contact just to message me for business consulting before I get the first job then I am in trouble before I even started. 

Moderator Meckell

Re: confused about when I get charged.

Hi, @EQI I responded with our contact info on your other post. Were you able to get all of your questions answered? If not, let me know. I'm happy to clarify! 

Those requests that you're seeing, you aren't charged for those. How it works is you send quotes to on those jobs for free and are charged once the customer contacts you showing interest. If they don't respond to your initial quote, you won't be charged. This video does a great job of explaining how it works, check it out. 

53jesse
Level 1

Re: Quote Follow Ups

I would like to know what the rate is for each of the jobs, that is, I would like to know how much they will charge me. Now I quote and not what the price is.