Highlighted

Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I rarely if ever use thumbtack now.  they woudl not have to raise their prices if they told us how  much we are charged. SO i no longer submit quotes.  I plan on just deleting them at this point.  I want to know what i am buying and the cost before i buy.  I think they have to raise their prices because there are others like me that no longer submit quotes or questions to potential clients. So their revenue is dropping.  Go back to letting us know how much a lead will cost and I will respond to leads that i want.  It truly is that simple!!!! also they no longer have an email to complain to.  just tele or chat.  i have no time for either.  Done!!!!!  They also woudl not allow this to be sent unless i entered states. So am randomly entering states.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!

Community Expert
Best Answer

@rareuser 

I have given numerous feedback about wanting to see lead costs and customer info ahead of time before sending a quote/message and getting charged, as it used to be. But I don't know what has happened to those suggestions.

DJ Stevie 12-5-2019

Community Expert
Best Answer

@rareuser

Here are a few ways you can see prices and get a better feel for what leads will cost:

1. Look at your budget tool (which tells you the typical cost and max price of leads)
  2. Browse through jobs in your Opportunities to see the prices you'll be charged if the customer responds. This is displayed when you click "View Details", and find "You'll only pay if the customer responds. See how much: Learn more" shown under the customer name. 
  3. Check your payment history for a breakdown of what you have paid for leads you have already received 

After looking at your recent receipts and under the budget section for your accounting service, I found that the price per lead is around $9, but won't exceed $13. 

The best way to get hired at a lower price is to set your targeting preferences and get customers to contact you directly from their search. You can utilize Opportunities to find secondary jobs you may be interested in and quote on. You can learn more about Opportunities here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/opportunities.

If you prefer support via email you can contact us at support@thumbtack.com

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron Leads that are priced between $9-$13! Mine are priced at double, triple and quadruple that amount! Sometimes more.

I have read all the links that explain the logic used to determine the prices for my leads. They are just way too high and frankly, the product quality has diminished notably these past two years. TT provides about 5% of my business year round. It used to be 90-95%.

Even the Direct Leads are not as reliable as they used to be. What on earth has happened to this company?

My question is rhetorical and requires no answer. I think @rareuser makes some valid points in this regard. 

Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am going to just drop out totally before tax seaon. It is not worth the price. I agree that the leads are not waht they were. 2 years or more ago.  Back then, too, we knew how much it was going to cost.  I think it is close to $20 for me now but do not know for sure.  This is too much headach to bother with.  People can find me on my website and other avenues.  And they may be actually looking for quality and not 'cheap'.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I just shut off Targetting again and will probably start just deleting requests, which are less frequent now, anyway.  

Highlighted

Price transparency

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Is there way TT could display the price paid for a lead on the leads page? Additionally, I shouldn't to click around to find out much I paid or am going to pay for a lead. It needs to be front and center. 

Pricing and the legitimacy of leads is a big concern of mine. I would say that I have a 25-30% chance of successfully landing a job and I have to do at least one job a week to pay TT. For context, I started up here for part-time work. The cost of leads are 35% of my profit. If I raised my prices, I don't think I would get hired.

Highlighted

Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

Community Regular
Best Answer
Got an email stating that TT will be raising its prices for the Home Organizing Category.

In this email, it clearly states that it will charge based on how many rooms need to be organized.
1 room is X. 2 rooms is X and up to 3 rooms will cost our industry up to 45 dollars per lead!!!
Let me just say this. This is yet another FAIL! This is in comparison to the painting industry. Most homes that need painted are the entire home.
This is NO DIFFERENT for our professional organizing industry. We typically end up organizing the entire home. Almost always more than a couple of rooms because our clients have clutter EVERYWHERE.
TT just keeps on raising prices...again and again and again.
Little leads that go nowhere. This platform is quickly providing no value for an already TOUGH professional organizing industry!
Highlighted

Re: Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Smithkat1981 It would be interesting to hear what is justifying these cost increases. I do not think we would find many pros who believe that the "value" of the leads have increased to any extent at all. (in fact, in my category, the value of the leads have decreased to me significantly from 2018 as the "average" lead now is looking for rock-bottom pricing, is broke or actually asks me to work for free on some occassions.)

I do know that some pros have received emails that their lead costs have reduced... regardless, the same question remains. If it is the value proposition, that would mean that TT admits that the value of those leads has indeed decreased.

Are there cost increases at TT that need be passed through to their customers to cover the increases? Is TT starting to advertise again in more markets? I use the word "again" because I have not seen a TT ad here in the Chicago area for well over a year.

If TT does believe that the leads are of more value, please describe as we may be looking through a different value lense vs what TT is.  

Highlighted

Re: Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

Community Regular
Best Answer
Not even sure what is justfying this increase. The leads I get have declined steadily across the board. Price shoppers. Being ghosted after supposedly being the "only organizer" they chose.
I truly feel they had a pow wow and said "Which category have we not price gouged? Oh look! The home organizing industry! Let's raise it per room because most homes have more than 3 rooms and really get them where it counts!"

I get *MAYBE* a lead or two per week now. So I could waste a couple hundred here per month...or take that money and bump my online advertising and presence.
On my last string with TT
0 Likes