Highlighted

Re: Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Smithkat1981 Completely agree. It is indeed budget season for many of us pros and we will be looking hard at where to budget our marketing dollars for 2020.  This will indeed become a factor in those discussions. 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Amen to that!!
0 Likes

Lead Cost increase in DJ category?

Community Expert
Best Answer

Out of curiosity, I went to check Opportunities Tab since I haven't had any kind of lead come in for almost 3 weeks now. And what to my wondering eyes did appear when I opened the lead cost, $51 for this lead? If I recall, DJ lead costs used to be under $35, even near $40 this Summer.

What is the reason for $51 and a significant price hike for my category? Even $40 was too high in my opinion.

Any other DJs notice a price hike?

DJ Stevie 12-29-2019Screenshot_2019-12-29 Quoting Page - Thumbtack.png

Highlighted

Re: Lead Cost increase in DJ category?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It isn't just you.

Happening in Photogrpahy, too.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@PhoenixPhotog 

I know, as I have Pro friends listed in different categories and they say the same thing about lead costs.

My issue was that was listed as 8+ hour event, and I reached out to Support. I told them that majority of the time, couples list their wedding as 8 hours as they are unsure of when to have their reception (day or night), and to find out which vendors will be available during those times. DJ's are at cocktail/dinner/ reception for 4-5 hours, not 8+.  Support says that they believe the "customer" because of what they wrote and told me that lead costs reflect what a given job is worth. I should be the only one who knows what a given job is worth and shouldn't be able to pay $50+ for leads. Good thing that this was in Opportunities Tab or I may have been charged for "exact match"

DJ Stevie 1-2-2020

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Not in your category, but Resume writing leads are up to $14.00 now, which is about 25% of the cost I would charge.  Given I have to go through three tire-kickers to get to one real lead, it effectively means that it costs more to use Thumbtack than not use it. 

Again, if you are going to charge these kinds of prices for leads, they should be good leads.. and not just people kicking the tires. 

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@JoeB131 

I know that it's not just my category, but many others including yours as well.

I hear ya that we should receive good leads for the cost.  I would also like to see us receive some kind of contact information as well, but that discussion has been made in various threads, so I won't comment further on that here as my post has to deal with lead costs.

DJ Stevie 1-2-2020

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Smithkat1981 it sounds like there is some miscommunication going on. For Home Organizing, prices did indeed go up, but not to $45. The most you will pay for a home organizing lead is $13. 

Could you share a screenshot of the email you received? We want to make sure that we get this corrected to eliminate any further confusion. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I am not sure how to do that. I don't see an option to share a screenshot directly on this thread. Is there a way to email a screenshot
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Smithkat1981 are you accessing the Community from your phone? If so, you can only share images from a desktop. Is it possible that the price you're referring to is for another category that you work in like house cleaning?

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes