results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Refund of balance in light of unilateral contract change?

Will folks who have money in their Thumbtack balance have a special exception to have those monies refunded to them if they do not want to accept Thumbtack's new 'contract'?

Essentially the fact that you received funds from me under one pricing structure, then changed that pricing structure without my consent or the ability to opt out means my funds are kind of held hostage.

I understand the company policy is 'no cash or credit refunds', but surely that can't apply in this instance when the original contract was breached/altered.

Please let me know what our options are. I also had my two other posts in the forum removed, hopefully this won't be the third!

- Brad

PS. I already spoke with someone via chat, all they could do was pass along my concerns, but wasn't able to address the actual issue.

Occupations (1)
6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refund of balance in light of unilateral contract change?

Hi there @CopperCreekCuts, I sent you a private message in regards to your other posts. If you have any questions, please return there, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

When you sign up, you agree to our Terms of Use. In our Terms of Use it states that all sales are final and non refundable. So although we aren't able to refund your remaining balance, it doesn't ever expire and you'll be able use that balance if you ever decide to give us a try again in the future. 

0 Kudos
Joan
Level 6

@Meckell  I know you have to preach the company line...but you do realize how silly that sounds, right? 

Imagine ordering a burger and the kitchen sending out a plate of sushi - yes it is still lunch, but it is not what you agreed to purchase (buy ordering)  It is that big a difference between the old system and the new system.  Even if you cannot change anything, at least acknowledging that people have valid issues is just good customer service.

0 Kudos
tferguson73
Level 4

I also have funds "trapped" in the balance. How exactly am I supposed to use those funds? Whenever I attempt to send a quote, it asks me to connect my credit card and set a limit. I'm not excited about opening the gate to charges I'm not immediately able to approve. I want to use the balance up instead...can this be done?

Moderator Meckell

Hi @tferguson73 in order to send a quote you do need to set your budget and add a credit card. The reason why we need a card on file is because we'll need to collect payment once your balance runs out. No worries, we'll use your current balance first before charging your card. Let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
Gwrbuilder
Level 1

I also spent over two hours on phones with support trying to get use of funds deposited before the changes. Several agents promised availability of funds but to no avail. And then they want my credit card info to proceed.?!

FYI........good contractors are as rare as good customers and vendors. We need each other. What side of the fence is the new thumbtack on?..........

George R. GC  Contractor since 1986.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
heron237
Level 5

until we bargain collectively we have no power whatsoever.

0 Kudos