Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
smishra
Level 5

Refunds for targeted leads.

Last week and this week I blocked off days on my Thumbtack calendar because I have a project to finish and I will be traveling.  However, Thumbtack is continuing to send me targeted leads that are pre-paid.  I have requested refunds and my requests are regularly rejected.

On the Thumbtack calendar, it specifically says Pros will not be charged or sent targeted leads on the days their calendar is blocked off.

What can I do?  These leads need to be refunded.

6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refunds for targeted leads.

Hi @smishra. We definitely want to look into this further and see what we can do to help. Go ahead and give our customer support team a call at 800-948-2034 and they'd be more than happy to help! 

0 Kudos
Kellpie
Level 4

This happened to me when they first started promoting using the calendar.  They do it in a way that is completely misleading.  You can block off your calendar and you will not receive leads if the customer requests your service on the specific day you have blocked off.  IF they submit a request and it is for any other day, even if the request happens on the days you have blocked off, you still receive the lead, pay for it AND no, they will not refund you for it.  

Basically, if you don't want to receive leads at any specific time, you have to pause promoting the service not block off your calendar.  I learned that the hard way.  

Hope that helps!  

0 Kudos

@smishra If I may ask... from whom did you request the refunds? Was it the Support Team?

0 Kudos
smishra
Level 5

Yes, I called Customer Support and they helped me to get refunds for the leads that were sent to me when I had paused "targetting leads" and for when I had days blocked off on my calendar.  In this instance, Customer Support was very helpful.

slhruzga
Level 4

Refunds

I am being charged for events that I am not being hired for prior to even interacting with the client!
Incredibly frustrating and expensive!!!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refunds

@slhruzga I want to make sure there isn't any confusion on how Thumbtack works and what you're charged for. What you pay for is the lead and then it's up to you to seal the deal and win the customer over. Learn more about paying for leads here and let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos