Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Notinsured
Level 7

Re: Refund

I agree wholeheartedly. While I have garnered many clients from TT, I have had my frustrations with it as well. I continue to read these threads and empathize with each person’s complaints. I have had sooo many issues with CS, “false” leads, dropped leads, not really interested leads and even a competitor who wanted to ‘check it out’. I can’t believe what I’m about to type, but TT IS a lead-finding service. That’s it.

As much as we don’t like it, they are there to provide a service and they do. They have got to draw the line somewhere. They can’t make everyone happy. I certainly would not want to be in that conference room trying to decide on the pricing structure and how to please the most customers while still making money. I absolutely think this most recent pricing structure change is the WORST mistake they have made thus far. I ABSOLUTELY feel this will hurt their company. My business, as many of you have stated, has taken a complete nose dive in the three weeks since they implemented this HORRIBLE plan.

In the “How do you compare” section TT outlines for me how my views are going down but I seem to be paying the same, so they are legitimately showing themselves to the door.

Do I think I have been charged when I shouldn’t have been? Yes. Have they given me credit on certain occasions? Yes. Have I gotten a ton business from them? Definitely. I’ve done the math. Begrudgingly, with my arms crossed, a scowl on my face, and under my breath, TT has done their job. They have brought me enough business that, in the long run, outweighs the financial losses of the dead-ends.

Until now. In three weeks, TT turned it all around with the new pricing structure. I should not have leaned so heavily on TT for leads. I should not have become complacent in my advertising and reinvestment in my business. I should have been more vigilant. A rookie mistake I guess. Fool me once? Okay. Fool me twice? They changed some things. But thrice? I’m an idiot. Applying for ‘food assistance’ at Christmas time is not fun. You’ve gone too far this time TT. You need to hurry up and realize your mistake and say “oops that was a beta test-our bad!” and roll it back to the last version. Seriously. Not just for our sake, but I think for yours as well.
Lisa_Pope
Level 6

Sales Calls

Okay, I am beyond frustrated this morning! In the last 2 weeks I have paid twice for someone to contact me wanting to sell me something or to use them or thier product on my next project!

Last night I get a lead(or what I thought was a lead), only to find out it was a tile showroom reaching out to invite me to thier showroom and discuss my types of projects, I am an interior designer. Thumbtack something needs to be done, I bet when I call today to ask for a refund there will be a excuse why TT doesnt give refunds.

This on top of the pricing new pricing structure! I have to say, I am finished with TT. I have for the past 2 years used this as my main source of leads and new work, today I am seriously rethinking that!

Beyond frustrted! 

Moderator Meckell

Re: Sales Calls

Hi @Lisa_Pope I get the frustration, this does sound odd. I sent you a private message asking for a little more info, respond to that when you can. I'll make sure we get you taken care of! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lisa_Pope
Level 6

Re: Sales Calls

Thank you, Saeed 

0 Kudos
KrisZ
Level 1

Customer contacts me directly.

Why am I being charged when the customer contacts me directly for a trade or service I don’t provide then I can’t find a way to dispute the charge from thumbtack? Help please.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Customer contacts me directly.

Happy to help @KrisZ! Go ahead and send me a private message with the name of the customer and I'll look into it. 

0 Kudos
Dan1
Level 6

I did not communicate or contact any customers in over two months .
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @Dan1, I looked into your account and it looks like you haven't been charged since August. Do you have multiple Thumbtack accounts? If so, private message me with your email address' and I'll see what's going on. 

0 Kudos
Dan1
Level 6

I have a Bank screen shot. I need a thumbtack Representative secure email address.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Dan1 I went ahead and sent you an email, go ahead and respond directly to that with the screenshots of your bank statements. Once I get that, I'll be sure to look into things.