Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dan1
Level 6

Payment taking from account

Why did Thumbtack take Funds out of my Account when I have not used this service in weeks?
0 Kudos
Tre
Level 4

Re: Payment taking from account

If some one u sent a quote to messaged u one time it will charge u wat ever they want they dont have a number either gotta chat online with them
0 Kudos
Dan1
Level 6

Re: Payment taking from account

You have to go to view details and then click on learn more and it will tell you how much thumbtack charge for lead. If that’s the issue that you are referring to .
0 Kudos
Dan1
Level 6

Phone number

No phone number to discuss payment issues. What is the NUMBER?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Phone number

@Dan1 I'd be happy to help and look into your situation with you. Just send me a direct message with any questions you have and we can start checking things out.

0 Kudos
Serendipity
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

I xlixked over to give a quote and qas then asked what my .monthly budget was. I exited out. Then zaw someobe was reviewing my quote. Guess I was charged NEVER SENT A QUOTE

Maybe they charged you for your misspelling errors, holy smokes girl.
Highlighted
ermel
Level 5

Thumbtack has found a gold mine in charging for a response from possible customers to sucker handyman pros, the fact that the handyman or pro was not hired, is of very little concern. Seems almost illegal, especailly when they charge so much.

sauliuske
Level 6

Bogus charges by Thumbtack, still waiting for response/refund

Last week, I received a question from a customer about their photo session request.   Since I hadn't seen it or quoted it and it wasn't something I could do, I have simply clicked on the "Decline" option..   Regardless of that, my credit car was charged.  Interestingly, the message is not my Inbox anymore and is not reflected on my Insights page..  Only on Payment page and credit card statement.  I have sent out two requests for a refund- no response whatsoever!  Please help!  

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Bogus charges by Thumbtack, still waiting for response/refund

@sauliuske in your case since you have several services (some with Promote on, some with Promote off), hitting decline on a job will not always mean that it wasn't one that you were already charged for. You can double check which services are on it here:​​​​​​​https://www.thumbtack.com/services. Each time you're shown the option to decline there will be a description explaining whether it's a lead you've already paid for or not.

With Promote on, it will show your pricing and information to customers whose job directly match your preferences and availability. When a customer chooses to reach out to you at that point you'll be automatically charged since it was a solid match. Declining it from there will simply tell us why you didn't think it was the best fit and you'll be directed to adjusting your preferences. 

With Promote off you'll be able to decline the job without being charged. As I mentioned there will be a description showing if you've paid already or can decline and not be charged. If you have specific details about the job you are referring too I'd be happy to take a closer look. Just direct message me with the details that you can remember, the customer's name would be best. You can check the details on your payments page as well if that helps.

0 Kudos