Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about search results

It has already happened to me. I was charged when a customer responded only to say the pricing was out of her budget. I called and talked to customer service and was told that it was a legit lead. I want to know how that qualifies as a lead. The customer service rep told me the customer was showing interest and it was up to me to close the deal. I feel like Thumbtack is just trying to rip off the Pros who pay for this service. Pricing has doubled since you started this new system. I am not one bit happy. I have just about had it with Thumbtack. I will send you the info in a private message. That's not the only problem I'm having. I have called. I have texted. I have emailed. Every time I try to send a quote Thumbtack sends it to draft. I have been trying for two weeks now to get this fixed. I am missing out on being able to even try to get jobs because of this problem. This situation is absolutely ridiculous. I have done everything that I have been told to do by customer service and the problem is still not resolved. Pros pay for your service and Thumbtack is not doing anything to help the Pros. It seems like Thumbtack is only trying to help Thumbtack. Thumbtack needs to remember they only stay in business if Pros use this site.

I'm not sure how to send you a private message but the customer's name is Giavonni

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MobileMixology I'll be sending you a direct message to you in regards to your recent contacts and working to solve the problem you've been experiencing in regards to drafts. Just look for a red notification in the top right hand corner of the page on your envelope icon. 

To speak towards pricing. Thumbtack is here to help customers and pros make that first connection. What pros pay for is the first time the customer responds, giving the pro the opportunity to showcase themselves and their work. The prices have increased but we also completely changed when and what you were charged for. It used to be that pros actually paid to send a quote and in many cases not receive a response. Since we changed it to paying when a customer replies it's of more value and likelihood to hire than before, thus the increase in price. With that all said, we know that pricing will always need work and we're constantly taking in feedback from pros in order to make adjustments.

0 Kudos

I have been reading ALL the comments and I have not seen one person who is happy with this new system or pricing. Is Thumbtack going to listen?
DJStevie
Level 12

@MobileMixology

I have to be careful what I write here as one of my comments was deleted because according to TT it violated their terms, guidelines.

I've been in touch with a few reps via Private Message, and my take from the messages was that there are numerous pros who like the new system, and according to them they are reading/answering each of the negative comments. Don't know if that helps, but that's what I've been told.

Are you a DJ in the Birmingham area
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@MobileMixology

Sorry, I just saw this. Been discussing with Thumbtack about changes that are not just hurting my business but majority of us pros as well.

I'm a DJ in Stuart, FL

@DJSteve
Ok I was just wondering because I thought if we were close we might be able to help each other out
Notinsured
Level 7

Hi. Just wondering in this thread a month ago you stated you heard lots of Pros were liking new format then 2 weeks ago you stated that many are not liking the format. Just curious what your current assessment is and how do you come by your conclusions? Asking for a friend.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lisa_Pope
Level 6

The main frustration for me,  is under the old pricing and credit system we, the pros, had control over our budgets and when we felt a lead was in our best interest. I could easily tell when someone  just wanted information or was the real deal. Now I am paying for people who only want information for free, just collecting information, thats all! 

I can't run my business like that, and not sure there are many others out there who can either. Since the new pricing structure has be implemented, there has been a large decrease in the number of  leads I have recieved, actually only two and which turn out  are two non-existent projects and I have paid for them! Shame on you TT!

Not sure who's idea that the old system wasn't working, I question that decision?! Having talked to the pro's in my area that use this platform, 4, or should I say "used", since 3 of them have completely taken TT out of thier business model,  if things don't improve I will be in that group too.