Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Notinsured
Level 7

Re: Let’s talk about search results

I’ve lost tons of business from this new pricing structure. Nothing shows up anywhere. I spoke to a CS rep who told me I would get more hits if I turned the preferences off, which costs more. How is that helpful? I have two areas. One of them has zero customers since this started. The other has dropped sharply but I’m still paying the same according to TT’s numbers. Uh, hello? You are showing me how you are NOT working for me. I’m signed up with another lead finding company to see what happens there. This isn’t working for this Top Pro at all.
0 Kudos
sauliuske
Level 6

A suspicious customer contacting many- should also be a reason for refund..

I was just "had" by a "customer" who posted an Engagement Photography request with an unussualy high budget, no time frame and no expected number of pictures  specified (very unusual).  After I submitted a quote, I received a strange message "What's the process for working together?".  At that moment, I realized that this is a fake..   Nobody has ever asked such a question when talking about pictures..  So I checked "the competition" option and I saw that there were 5 of us contacted by this person at the same time..  After a few generic questions exchanged, the last one from me "Are you still looking for a photographer?" was never answered..  I wonder if other 4 pros contacted by this "customer" had the same "luck" of being charged for a fake job?  Maybe our moderators, can investigate this?  It looks like we, pros, have to pay for somebody abusing the platform..

Moderator Meckell

Re: A suspicious customer contacting many- should also be a reason for refund..

@sauliuske that response doesn't seem particularly concerning, but I'm more than happy to look into this and see if I can find anything suspicious. Go ahead and send me a private message with the name of the customer and I can get looking into this. 

0 Kudos
sauliuske
Level 6

@Meckell, I will send you the info in a couple minutes, but I hope you can see all the messages for other's as well who responded to this request and and see it if this was an honest attempt to get service or just using the system for something else while we, the pros, are being charged for these "leads"..  If nobody get's the job, then nobody should get charged, I think...

Highlighted
CCoen
Level 6

I had done a job with a customer and a week later I got another request from the same customer. I thought it was suspicious since I worked out a payment plan with this customer because he could not afford the whole price of the original job. I had his telephone number so I called him and asked him if he made that request and he informed me that he did not. I called thumbtack to ask them about this situation. All they replied was that they would refund my charge. I find that very suspicious and my leads to have went down to almost nothing. I don't understand how somebody in Thumbtack can decide what the customer see and don't see. I as a plumber believe the old system was better. They want a quick response not a response from somebody who may not check their email for 2 hours.
Notinsured
Level 7

I get dozens of these all the time. I’m a therapist and that’s an automatic response box the customer can check instead of writing to you. If you look at your page from the customers perspective you can see they options of auto-responses like “When is your next availability” “What’s the process for working together.” “Are you available on my date?” These make me crazy because no matter how much I persist, do I rarely ever get a response. I’ll have to look back into my history now that you brought this up. If you get refunded please let me know. They will only refund 30 days back. For this sort of thing I’m sure. Thanks!
0 Kudos
conleif
Level 5

Refunds- Beware

Since 11-12, I have been charged for three quotes for which I should not have been charged. This totals $105. Since 11-12, I having been trying to get a refund. Multiple times, I have contacted Thumbtack through email, their refund request page and chat. The only place that I have ever received a response is through chat. First, I was told that the refunds would be credited in 2-6 hours. That was days ago. Just now, I was told, by John on chat, that he would send someone else an email to follow up. I have lost count of all the times I have paid $35 to have someone click an automatic response like "Sounds good! What's next?" These people never respond to another message. I Lately, I have been asked for references. Not reviews but references. What private client asks an attorney for references? They don't of course but this is a way for Thumbtack to charge attorneys even more. If the refunds are not in my account today, I am done. Ever since they changed the way they charge, Thumbtack has become a complete waste of my time that costs me more money then it makes me. 

Notinsured
Level 7

Re: Refunds- Beware

I love this! Someone asked me for references. I’m a therapist! I replied that no therapist worth their salt would give a reference as that is a violation of HIPPA, ethics and breech of confidentiality!! I said the people that leave reviews do so of their own volition. Then I asked if they would be willing to be a reference for their mental health issues. At this point I was pretty sure this was bogus and I didn’t hear anything from them again. Coincidence?
0 Kudos
Rdfloors
Level 4

Requesting refunds

On Nov 28. I had a customer of the name Eugene show interest in my company. I responded within the hour. I have tried to reach out to this person numerous times and have not once heard back from then. This lead cost me $60.00 and I have already asked for a refund though a different platform though thumbtack and have yet to get to charged taken off my credit card or even a response from thumbtack yet. There have been other reported charges like these that I have tried to get taken off and you guys never respond back to me or take these charges off my account which is unfair when no one responds back to me when I make numerous attempts with the customer in trying to set up appointments. I have been debating on canceling my services with thumbtack due to the poor service in the refunds deptmartment.

RCPS
Level 7

PLEASE HELP - Refund Request

So here's another story to add to the list of refund requests.  I had a 'lead' reach out and initiate contact with me this morning because he thought the price posted was the price for my entire service.  This is yet another reason why I don't like this new system of quoting.  It's very misleading to potential customers because I do not charge hourly! I've stated on this forum several times that I do not charge by the hour, but rather by a customized package - but I have no choice to show that in this new platform.

This lead then went on to further ask me to reduce my package pricing because, in a nutshell, he couldn't afford it. So even if he did perceive the hourly rate correctly (as in, if I actually did charge my services hourly), he still chose to initiate a conversation with me to ask for a discount - an exchange that I had to pay for!  My pricing is non-negotiable.

@Meckell, can something be done about this?  I want a refund because he clearly stated that he misunderstood the pricing that was posted.  Pricing in a format that I have no control over, but used to with Thumbtack's old platform.  This wasted my time, his time, and it cost me money!  I'm really upset about this.

And the only reason I have the quote option on is because we're penalized from a 'Promote' standpoint if we choose to hide our pricing.  I show pricing in order to be promoted, but what's being promoted isn't reflective of my actual pricing. This is so backwards and really needs to be fixed!  I've tried to be flexible with this but it's like fitting a square peg into a round hole.  I really miss the control we had over how we earned business.

Please help - this is completely unfair!