Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dan2
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

TT just isn't worth the effort or cost, ROI is in the negative.  Clients that want a real professional with professional results find me through other means.  Catering to "cheap" clients devalues my reputation as a professional and usually causes more headaches for my office.    A question no one has provided yet is How do I get a refund?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out @Dan2, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had the greatest experience and want to see what I can do to help. You can go here to read about what we are able to refund for and if you have any charges that qualify for a refund, please send me a private message with the name of the customer. 

0 Kudos
Dan2
Level 5

You are misunderstanding my question (as TT always does).  I'm wanting a refund of the money I have left in the account.  In part due to what I've stated before (cheap clients...affect professional reputation).  I also have a concern regarding the competition in my field on TT.  Most, if not all (at least locally), are not licensed or qualified to practice.  This undercuts the professionals who not only have a reputation to protect but a legal license and legal obligation to hold.  TT misrepresented the quality of checks etc. in allowing non-professionals to be listed as professionals.  I will not use TT anymore (it now borders on being unethical to use according to professional guidelines).  Thus, I simply want a refund of what is in my account.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Dan2 It's tough to hear that your experience on Thumbtack has led to this. However, our Terms of Use state that all sales are final, that any positive balance is non-refundable, and will remain to be used towards future contacts. Thumbtack also expects all pros to be aware of and comply with the laws and regulations of the state they live in.

Again, we want to see what I can do to help. Is there a specific situation that you're referring to? If so please feel free to send either of us a direct message with additional details or questions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Djyella
Level 5

Re: Requesting refunds

that pisses me off too.   some of those leads are just curious people not even seeking to hire.  we should not be charged for leads like that and Thumbtack should know that!!  Its costing us money for leads that are only doing research.  Thumbtack should have something to separate the 2.

RachelNDS
Level 5

Retaliation?

I was getting 100 to 200 listing views and 20 to 30 profile views consistently every week for months, 2 to 3 jobs per week. I question the validity of "leads" when I suddenly got 6 paid for leads for 3D modeling in one day and not a single one responded to their own inquiry. $68.00.... I promptly asked for a refund and questioned the whole system... The past 2 weeks look like this, 12 listing views, 1 profile view, 4 paid leads , 1 responded and asked to setup a meeting and has not responded in 2 days... That was a 17.00 lead.. This week so far is fat zeros across the board... It doesn't get more retaliatory than that. I have a 4.9 rating and have accumulated over 7500.00 in earnings in 2 months through TT alone, I have a 33 % repeat client rate as a handyman. Im no slouch and Thumbtacks is taking advantage of us-lower your budgets , keep the work honest, make Thumbtacks have accountability for reckless "leads" that we can never utilize but we've paid for.
dro
Level 6

thumb tack chat

I was #4 in line weighted 1 hr now #3  this is redulicus also sent 2 emails about a refund and have not had a responce 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: thumb tack chat

@dro I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Did you eventually get some assistance about your refund? If not please feel free to send me a direct message with the details and I'll get back to you.

0 Kudos
bradmiccio
Level 4

Lead refund

I would request a refund of the $70 lead I paid for yesterday.  This "client" has no intention of hiring anybody to do the HVAC work that he is requesting.  He even told me he is looking around for the cheapest price.  I'm not the cheapest, and that's fine.  But I don't believe I should pay for this lead.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Lead refund

@bradmiccio I'm more than happy to look into this for you! Send me a private message with the name of the customer and we'll go from there. 

0 Kudos