Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Mariam
Level 1

Requesting refunds

I need a refund. You just charged me for a flaking person who is not looking for hiring anyone. I need to talk to some Thumbtack representative not just leave message like this.
172 responses
quirk
Level 5

Re: Requesting refunds

I just went through the same thing. They bled my accounts dry and I got one measly job out of it that didnt even gross 1/4 of what I spent with them. I spoke to live chat to ask for a refund, they wouldnt even give me a dollar. They over drafted my account and couldnt even have thr decency to bring it current. Thumbtack has cost me more money that its made me and took all my business's money.

Moderator Kameron

@Mariam I'd like to take the time and share our refund page for you to take a look into if you haven't already: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/request-a-refund.

If you feel the contact fits within these lines then go ahead and shoot me a DM with the customer's name and I'll be able to take a look as soon as I can. You can also reach out to us via this page: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-to-contact-us.

0 Kudos
quirk
Level 5

I spoke to someone yesterday about this and they would not issue any refunds.

Showmoor
Level 5

A customer NEVER responded, I believe this is the same as No thanks, but you still won't give me a refund!!!! I have since deleted my cc number and won't be doing business with you unless I get a reasonable answer. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen!!! 

Moderator Meckell

@Showmoor let me look into this for you! Go ahead and send me a private message with the name of the customer and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Djyella
Level 5

I have had that happen to me  too.  Thumbtack needs to find a way to distinguish between a real lead and a bogus lead.  We should not be charged for a lead that does not respond after the intial request.  That only eats our budgets up!   Thumbtack.com will lose pros eventually if this keeps happening.   We dont want to just throw our money away!

dro
Level 6

I get this all the time and will not get refunded. TT is getting like home adviser sucking the pros dry. Also i have sent a wrong request for a refund two times and have not had a reply. They will ignore you till the time passes and then they will say sorry its been to long. More money in there pocket

Thespis
Level 4

There were two leads sent to me that were fraudelent leads (People looking to scam me and where deleted by Thumbtack) and should never have been charged to me in the first place. To take my money and only issue a credit in this case is unethical and possibly illegal (regardless of what your refund policy says) I have no issue paying for real leads and have done so in the past. Until Thumbtack has a way of weeding out the scammers, if the professional requests a money back refund, it should be issued.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Thespis 

I haven't had a fraudulent lead yet, but do feel that they should refund your card and not issue credit! You bought the lead with your card, not with credit. If we returned a bad food product to the store, we get it refunded, not on credit.