Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
dro
Level 6

thumb tack chat

I was #4 in line weighted 1 hr now #3  this is redulicus also sent 2 emails about a refund and have not had a responce 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: thumb tack chat

@dro I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Did you eventually get some assistance about your refund? If not please feel free to send me a direct message with the details and I'll get back to you.

0 Kudos
bradmiccio
Level 4

Lead refund

I would request a refund of the $70 lead I paid for yesterday.  This "client" has no intention of hiring anybody to do the HVAC work that he is requesting.  He even told me he is looking around for the cheapest price.  I'm not the cheapest, and that's fine.  But I don't believe I should pay for this lead.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Lead refund

@bradmiccio I'm more than happy to look into this for you! Send me a private message with the name of the customer and we'll go from there. 

0 Kudos
bradmiccio
Level 4

I've been refunded the $70 fee.  Thank you. 

Moderator Meckell

Happy to hear @bradmiccio. Have a very happy Monday! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
karen1
Level 4

Quoting fee refund

Do we receive refunds for quote fees that are cancelled by potential customers?

After responding to a request for an estimate on editing and just prior to receiving a partial payment, she made one additional request which could have been construed as a request involving plagarism.  Plagarism is a very serious offense and universities expell students who participate in it. At this point I was unable to provide a response asking for clarification because my class was getting underway.  

I sent a quick message stating that I would get back to her after classes had ended. When I did, the quote correspondence stated - CANCELLED BY CUSTOMER

Is our quote fee refunded when this happens?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quoting fee refund

Great question @karen1! A customer canceling a request isn't something we refund for. On Thumbtack, you're paying to get connected with potential customers, not the hire. The customer has all of your information and could very well contact you in the future for another project.

Go here to learn more about what we do refund for and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

0 Kudos

Charges

I am waiting on Thumbtack to fix my bill.  Does anyone know how to reach customer service?  They are charging me a bunch for a huge job that never even got discussed.  I accidentally messaged the wrong person.  They messaged me back.  I told them it was an accident.  That was it.  The conversation is sitting in my inbox.  I would like them to fix my bill so I can start using the site again.  

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Charges

@chadsouthworth I'm happy to help you here! Just send me a private message with the name of the customer and more info on the situation. 

0 Kudos