Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
bradmiccio
Level 4

Re: Lead refund

I've been refunded the $70 fee.  Thank you. 

Moderator Meckell

Re: Lead refund

Happy to hear @bradmiccio. Have a very happy Monday! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
karen1
Level 5

Quoting fee refund

Do we receive refunds for quote fees that are cancelled by potential customers?

After responding to a request for an estimate on editing and just prior to receiving a partial payment, she made one additional request which could have been construed as a request involving plagarism.  Plagarism is a very serious offense and universities expell students who participate in it. At this point I was unable to provide a response asking for clarification because my class was getting underway.  

I sent a quick message stating that I would get back to her after classes had ended. When I did, the quote correspondence stated - CANCELLED BY CUSTOMER

Is our quote fee refunded when this happens?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quoting fee refund

Great question @karen1! A customer canceling a request isn't something we refund for. On Thumbtack, you're paying to get connected with potential customers, not the hire. The customer has all of your information and could very well contact you in the future for another project.

Go here to learn more about what we do refund for and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

0 Kudos

Charges

I am waiting on Thumbtack to fix my bill.  Does anyone know how to reach customer service?  They are charging me a bunch for a huge job that never even got discussed.  I accidentally messaged the wrong person.  They messaged me back.  I told them it was an accident.  That was it.  The conversation is sitting in my inbox.  I would like them to fix my bill so I can start using the site again.  

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Charges

@chadsouthworth I'm happy to help you here! Just send me a private message with the name of the customer and more info on the situation. 

0 Kudos
H2L
Level 4

Over priced lack of comminication

It seems almost impossible to get in contact with a Thumbtack representative. Where’s my refunds!!!???

You’re overcharging me up to 1000% for quotes. What used to be $2 is now up to $12-14 a quote which goes nowhere!

You’re system is tarnished. It’s costing me business and now it’s questionable.

Where are my refunds and why has no one assessed these exhorbitant quote prices?

Extremely unprofessional considering other professionals are going through the same thing.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Over priced lack of comminication

@H2L Let's get things taken care of!  I'm sorry you haven't been able to get in contact with us to get your concerns resolved. Go here to see the different channels in which you can reach us, or send me a private message with more info and I can help with whatever's going on. 

0 Kudos
GuestChefM
Level 5

Fees untenable for small business

A user found me by searching and wanted to get in touch. I recieved notification on iPad. Clicked to open Thumbtack app and got a page with only Accept or Decline as choices. No other links on page.  The heading Job Details is not a link. Repeat, there are no other links on the page.  Thinking that I needed to accept to get details I clicked and was charged $28.71 for a job that was worth $100. 

I complained. They refunded and told me to send email proof. I didn't have it at the time but another alert came in this morning. "User want and estimate from you"

Same page. I have a screenshot that I sent to support asking that they please escalate this issue and respond ASAP. It is impossible for me to access the details without being charged an unknown amount for the service on IOS. Desktop works but what's the point of a mobile app? This is not good at all and quite possibly illegal.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Fees untenable for small business

Hi @GuestChefM I want to get a better idea of what you're seeing. Will you send me that screenshot in a private message and then I can get you some answers? 

0 Kudos