Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refunds

Thank you @Showmoor. I'll look into this and will send you a private message with more details. 

0 Kudos

Why do all your responses just say private message me this is a community discussion yet you want your responses private. Why can't you give actual answers publicly what's being hid?
Moderator Meckell

@Bateshandyman When discussing a pros account, which also involves customer information when referring to refunds, we keep that private in respect for both the pro and the customer. 

0 Kudos
Ayhan
Level 5

You don't understand, the problem is thumbtack's refund policy. Please tell me, if the clients chose me and asked me if I'm available why should I pay the fee even they never response anymore? This is very simple situation, they ask me "are you available" and I answered "yes" that is it. After that they never turn back. They chose me! I am a photographer and I spent a lot of money because of that "are you available" questions. I strongly believe that if they ask "when are you available " and if they never turn back again, thumbtack has to refund that fee.
Moderator Kameron

@Ayhan it can understandably be disappointing when a customer doesn't respond back to you. On Thumbtack what you pay for is that first connection and the opportunity to sell yourself and seal the deal. Not every lead is going to pan out but the idea is to get hired enough times to compensate for those. In those situations, I recommend sending a follow-up message if you haven't already to remind them that you're still available and attempt to add something in your message that will help the customer see that you're the best option for them. If they still don't reply then it's likely time to move on and focus on the next one.

0 Kudos
Ayhan
Level 5

@Kameron Disappointing? Are you serious? You think I am writing all this explanation because of my emotional reaction? I think you don't try to understand what the problem is. I assume this is a standart answer you sent.  I said that again and again, I don't send quotes for these clients, they chose me!!! They chose me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wandafully
Level 5

I totally agree but Thumbtack is getting around their “refund policy” by saying they provide this lead when all these customers do is select a template while shopping around and send it to plenty of Pros then they never respond at all because they are “just looking” but Thumbtack dares to charge for this AND not refund when ... well crickets
HugoA
Level 4

Halp

I would luke to know why I paid $17 for one quote?????. When usually I pay $8. And someone know why thumbtack make quotes for me in places that I dont work because is too far. I already check my travel preference and I dont have check on the thumbtack places connect to me. ALSO I have 2 bank cards registered but only one available. And thumbtack used my not available card and made me pay overdraft ($30) for $8. Ive tried remive it. And the page not let me do it.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Halp

@HugoA let me look into this and get you some answers. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer?

0 Kudos

Refund

Has anyone else been charged for a quote where the client did not specify they are looking for a Pro in their specific City or Town and then after you quoted, they sent you a message asking you if you live in the specific City or Town and you do not get the job because of it?  I service the area but I do not live in the area.  The client could have and should have looked at my profile which shows where I am located and the areas I service and should not have sent that question which cost me $35.00.  I feel cheated that I had to pay $35.00 to a client who will not use me now or for future jobs because of my location.