results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted

Requesting refunds

Hi,

I am having an issue with TT refunding my account on potential clients that ghost me. I respond several times to an inquiry, but they never respond.  I talked to Eunice on Chat about this and she refused to give me a refund. I consider this as a "No Thanks" response that is listed on when you will refund a pro. I have too many potentials that never respond to make this process feasible for my small business.  Who can I talk to besides a Chat person about this troublesome policy and issue in TT? 

Tina

Occupations (1)
States
69 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Requesting refunds

Thanks for reaching out about this @TinaChristian. I hear how frustrating it is when a customer reaches out and then you don't hear back. However, these are not situations that we are able to refund for. Be sure to check out our refund policy here with more info on what does and doesn't qualify for a refund. 

0 Kudos

I understand you have a refund policy, but I have been refunded for these in the past when requested, so I don't understand why I can't be refunded this time. A no response is similar to a "No Thanks" response. This ghosting is a big issue on this site and within this company, so I should be refunded for a charge where I haven't even had a conversation with a potential client. I'm being charged for talking to myself!!! 

Moderator Meckell

@TinaChristian we understand that there is a lot of frustration behind customers ghosting and that's something we're looking into and working on. If you got refunds for these in the past, it's possible that they were courtesy refunds (which can happen from time to time.) Just to clarify, if a customer's first response is a "no thanks" you will not be charged. 

0 Kudos
RattScallion
Level 3

So true. I have been trying to make it work with thumbtack for the past year. And probably another year. When I first joined years ago the charges were manageable and i knew exactly what i was being charged for and i was in control of what i spent. Their new system is vague and flawed. If you reply and you don't get a response, you still get charged. The new system has taken the spending control ot of our hands even though they redeveloped it to give us "more control ord what we spend." Not to mention, the gigs that may have been bid on by other people are still listed in my leads-- i'm paying for gigs that have already been landed!! Feel ya sister.
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Meckellcould you explain that further here in this thread.  I thought that we would have to pay for leads that dont respond, or that respond with a "no thanks".  Has this changed?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@GeorgeH this has not changed. If a customer reaches out to you through search results and you accept it or are promoting and it matches your preferences, that's when you're charged. If you quote on a job through the Jobs tab, you aren't charged until the customer responds to you. If their initial response is a "no thanks" you will not be charged. Check out this video here with more info on charges. 

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Meckell wrote:

@GeorgeHthis has not changed. If a customer reaches out to you through search results and you accept it or are promoting and it matches your preferences, that's when you're charged. If you quote on a job through the Jobs tab, you aren't charged until the customer responds to you. If their initial response is a "no thanks" you will not be charged. Check out this video here with more info on charges. 

OK... but now let's look at the "you arent charged until the cutomer responds to you" part... that's not entirely true is it?  I have a job that I bid several weeks ago from the jobs tab... the customer never responded... My card was charged.  I can post my AMEX statement if you dont believe me... In fact, when I go into the lead, there's a cute little bubble that says, "you paid".  Isnt that the same as being charged?

glaczy1
Level 6

Where is the response to this Pros question. These need to be responded to immediately as they are some of the most important questions a business must understand to see if Thumbtack is the right place to invest their time and money into. Gene 

Marylyn
Level 6

That is a very common issue. I found one person who gave me a few bucks back on nearly $300 in non-responders. I follow up like a dog with a bone when I bid. It just does not matter. This is just the way Thumbtack is now handling pros....It has become unbearably expensive. If Thumbtack would make it VERY clear that the pro will pay to bib so please be courteous and reply. I think that would help. Clients tell me they did not even realize it cost me $75 to contact them. It just is not really boldly promoted on our behalf.